• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
So my prediction is we will break this partnership just before close, run through the others in about an hour tomorrow and be left chasing about 280.

And as is so often the case…if Root puts an innings on then we have half a chance but…

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
I don't quite mind parkinsons bowling.
It would be just like this strange game if both teams now bat as if it was a flat road after that first innings. These runs are worth twice as much in the games context.

Aritro

International Regular
I don't quite mind parkinsons bowling.
It's entertaining. Just not sure it's going to work for him though unless he sends them through 5kph faster, or gives it a lot more air to give it a chance to bounce. He does put lots of revs on it and get drift so his bowling's not without its merits.

Aritro

International Regular
It's not even like he's slow cos he's holding something back. He's really throwing himself into the crease.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Terrific stuff, NZ's fightback from the sources we didn't expect. Mitchell didn't quite look up to it at the start of the innings but really knuckled down. Also probably the best I've seen Blundell play since he became the full-time keeper, kept the score moving and was the perfect foil for Mitchell. Showed up the top order batsmen from both sides, though obviously batting became easier in the last session and half.

Preed

U19 12th Man
Back to the old ways with Stokes bowling short pitched rubbish.Cant believe that a team who were 46 for 7 are going to win this test on the fourth or fifth day.Some things never change.Bairstow and Lees and Pope playing for their places.Most inform opener Compton plus Brook must come in

loterry1994

International Debutant
Englands bowlers still struggle once the pitches get flat and they have to grind it out for their wickets. Teams like India, Australia, New Zealand are much better at this, while England always seem to go to Stokes or their main spinner or Root without much effect these days and wait for that new ball.

They really miss guys like Archer and Wood being in the team and fit cause once the swing and movement goes they really struggle.

Flem274*

123/5
Wow that was impressive to wake up to.

Blundell especially needed this imo. Quiet home summer with the bat and a few dropped catches to boot.

Leach's concussion unexpectedly benefits England at next fall of wicket - Parkinson is kryponite for CdG with that legspin.