• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Congrats England! Will be interesting to see how the approach is calibrated vs India, but against this particular set of bowlers was a well calculated one. The bowling deserves plaudits too for never letting NZ run away with things. I’d say the additions to the bowling bench strength and Leach’s renewed confidence are the best outcomes in the longer term.

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
Congrats on Eng for a great performance... looking very much forward to the SA tour. Big litmus test for both sides I think.

slippy888

International Captain
i dont think many teams could chase over 280 in 3 test matches in a row in test history, thats why we have to question the bowling on display

ashley bach

International Captain
We'd have lost the first two tests without Root's hundreds tbh.

And if we'd lost that first test this new team mullarkey might have been dead in the water before they'd set off
Yeah fair points.
Thought it was very close and obviously all of Roots dropped catches got forgotten about very quickly.

Nintendo

Cricketer Of The Year
greentops v an australian lineup with smith a long way off his 2019 form imo. very different proposition. god knows what englands bowling lineup will look like by that point tbh

of course he could go beast mode again between now and then
Ehh the aussie batting lineup is alot better than it was in that series. Head is in god mode vs pace bowling, green is a massive improvement over wade with the bat and marnus is a proven competitor in english conditions with the bat.