• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 2022 New Zealand Tour of England, Ireland, Scotland & Netherlands

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
So Wagner is only allowed one bad game and others are allowed a lot more?

Hmm

edit - so hang on, we've gone in with 3 bowlers (which is sacking worthy) and we're not confident one of them is still any good?

This organisation I swear lol.
I'm not saying he's not good but he's barely playing of late and to get the lines and length is not that easy when you're not playing.

If by chance he doesn't go right very high chance he won't be there for the next series particularly in Pakistan. Gary will have Henry in no time in his place.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Still all his runs counts for the team. Kane wouldn't have done that. Pretty sure Mitchell will be thinking the same
Kane wishes he’d have been in a position to have done that instead of nicking off playing another nothing shot after getting a start tbh

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tossing it up and getting the attacking batter or the tail-ender to hit out is a legitimate approach to get wickets so wouldn't automatically discount those - conscious decision by Stokes/Leach to challenge the batsmen to take chances and it worked. Preferable to some of the crap tactics sometimes employed by fast bowlers against the tail too i.e. bowling all sorts of lengths instead of hitting the wickets.

Think Stokes has given Leach the license to tempt the batsmen and they're very happy it's paid off.
Yeah I mean he’s going to get pelters for it on days when those shots clear the ropes and he goes for 0/100 off 20, so you kinda have to give him full credit when they hole out.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not saying he's not good but he's barely playing of late and to get the lines and length is not that easy when you're not playing.

If by chance he doesn't go right very high chance he won't be there for the next series particularly in Pakistan. Gary will have Henry in no time in his place.
Henry won't go to Pakistan.