• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* Official * 2022 Commonwealth Games Women's T20

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know why we keep picking Halliday in a finishing-type role. She's a solid accumulator and a good long-term prospect to open or bat three, but she can't find the boundary from the get-go.

Himannv

International Coach
I don't know why we keep picking Halliday in a finishing-type role. She's a solid accumulator and a good long-term prospect to open or bat three, but she can't find the boundary from the get-go.
I feel she's not really suited to this format. I felt she was pushed into that role batting at 6 in the ODIs and couldn't pull it off so I don't see how she'll manage it here. Down would have been nice in that role I think.

This NZ side is a bit reliant on the top 3 and that's a bit of a problem. Maybe some kind of tweak to the batting order might work, like sending Green up to open and play one of the openers as a finisher, idk.

Himannv

International Coach
I was surprised they didn't have Shabnim bowl the last over, but she conceded 15 so maybe it was the right call.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
SA look incredibly flat out there. Not sure if there's disharmony or the team is fractured atm , but losing Kapp and Lizelle Lee so close to the tournament must psychologically be pretty rough. Tryon looks pretty up for it and motivated, but I think they're going to have to rely on individual brilliance at this tournament, as collectively they look lost

Brilliant improvisation from Bates in the 2nd half of her innings to get NZ too a very good total. Some lovely touch play with the late cuts and lap shots

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That's a really pleasing start for the Ferns - hopefully it'll put us on track for the semi-finals.

There are still serious question marks around our batting depth, but it's a decent first step under the new coach.

Flem274*

123/5
Good **** girls, keep it coming.

As long as we remain professional and England don't drop the ball big time, we're through to the next round.

Himannv

International Coach
Sri Lanka win the toss and bat. I think their game plan is generally to put as good a score as possible on the board and defend that.

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
new zealand only need 2 batters. What are you worried about?
Absolutely destroyed sth africas batting line up with bates and devines effort. Bates was the player i couldnt remember earlier. And wow what an innings from her. Great start to the tournament.
Did anyone get the 15 to 1 odds when they were available at ladbrokes yesterday? because theyre not available now