• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

* Official * 2022 Commonwealth Games Women's T20

ashley bach

International Captain
Hear exactly where you're coming from Devado, I backed NZ at about 8/1 to win the world cup earlier this year after they beat Australia
in a warm up match. NZ chased down about 330 and won by 8 or 9 wickets with about 7 overs to spare.
Sophie got 140 not out and Kerr scored big as well.
But come the tournament they were very ordinary to say the least, just didn't look anywhere near in the class as the Aussies.
Not only that but they lost 3 matches against lower ranking teams they shouldn't have, completely lacking composure in the process.
15/1 though are good odds, I'll join you on that, but it's the type of bet you make just for the hell of it, without too many high expectations.

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
strangely new zealand are $1.44 favourites to beat sth africa tomorrow
while england are only $1.58 favourites to beat sth africa tonight.
So theres an error in ladbrokes odds somehow.
ill take the 15 to 1 before they change it to correct odds

the last time i had odds like these were pauline hansen to win so many seats in an election and seeing it wasqueenslanders voting and 33 to 1 offered i thought- yes. please And she won them. I dont have as much confidence in this but its too good value to ignore

Last edited:

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
i find it strange that india dont open their batting with harrmon preet kaur.
And sth africa dont open with wolvaardt
They are easily the best batsmen in their respective teams.
But by the time either of them come in at number 4 their teams are so far behind the game that the cause is hopeless
youd think a coach would notice and say something.
But noooo. Just as with reverse sweeps noone notices.

anil1405

International Captain
i find it strange that india dont open their batting with harrmon preet kaur.
I find it strange that you are suggesting this because India does have the teams joint best batter opening in Smriti. Kaur needs to be in middle order to give stability and experience. And that's where she batter all her life.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I find it strange that you are suggesting this because India does have the teams joint best batter opening in Smriti. Kaur needs to be in middle order to give stability and experience. And that's where she batter all her life.
Yep, and Shafali Verma can win games single-handedly opening too.

davado

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yep, and Shafali Verma can win games single-handedly opening too.
perhaps both teams delude themselves that the openers are doing their jobs.
But clearly they are not.
And both teams keep losing because they dont have enough runs.
So perhaps opening with a middle order batter is whats best for the team

_Ed_

So SA won the toss and have put us into bat.

Super nervous for this one - barring a slip-up against Sri Lanka, whoever wins this game is most likely to go through to the semis alongside England.

_Ed_

Yeah, I was just about to post about the interesting selection of 18-year-old Izzy Gaze as our new first-choice wicketkeeper. She averaged only 8 in the Super Smash last summer, so I haven't seen a whole lot to inspire confidence in these early days.

For the time being at least, I might have preferred the experience and proven decent batting ability of McFadyen.

But our other debutant Eden Carson is a gun spinner.