• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 2014 Asia Cup

Xuhaib

International Coach
When we are ten years old, we think when we end up playing for the national team we'll be the player Afridi is right now: in your face, uber-aggressive, and confident in the cliché that who dares wins. Then we grow up, get nine-to-fives, raise families, and become conservative. The average Pakistani ends up being like Mohammad Hafeez - confident on the outside, questionable on the inside, jack of all trades master of none, doing enough to get by, occasionally getting the love, never the adulation

Haha... this is so true.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
****ing lol at the sedition charges (that have since been withdrawn), but as is the case with these sort of things, the students weren't completely innocent either. I read somewhere (think it was Dawn or Zee) that the students weren't just cheering on Pakistan, they were shouting derogatory remarks and just being a nuisance in general by creating a huge ruckus. Things got heated between students and the university decided to suspend the students involved. I'm not sure whether they did it to punish the students or in fear of their safety or something.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Majority of Kashmiris did want to be part of Pakistan, so I'm not surprised that those feelings are still there. However it's been 50 years so they need to move on.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Majority of Kashmiris did want to be part of Pakistan, so I'm not surprised that those feelings are still there. However it's been 50 years so they need to move on.
nah majority I have met want an independent Kashmir though their sporting alliance do show Pakistan loyalty.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Will be an interesting final, Pakistan really have to exploit the Sri Lankan batting, which hasn't really impressed me thus far during the tournament, the middle order has been quite poor really, Mahela and Chandimal are getting exposed a bit. But there is still the Sanga factor, and the openers have been in reasonable form as well, not only that but our lower order has the ability to bail us out. Getting enough runs is usually the key against Pakistan, but the Afridi threat is particularly potent now that he's in form, so the bowlers obviously have a big part to play as well, but I still think scoreboard pressure will be the best way to deal with Pakistan.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
i agree, Afridi always fills his boots against us with bat and ball so he really is the dangerman..Personally not sure if Chandimal should play instead of Priyanjan, if he does then hopefully he will bat at four and mahela at six after mathews. Good luck to both teams and hopefully will be another cracker between these two teams but ultimately, hoping for a SL win and that we can avoid choking in this final like we have done in the other finals we get to..

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Political statement and pun, all in one FTW.

I'd be interested in knowing Pakistan's official stance on the Crimea mess.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka should win this IMO, have been the best team at the tournament, but I bet they won't

karan316

State Vice-Captain
No Mendis, M not watching this match:@
Mathews, Mr. boneheaded, you are not picking the highest wicket taker of the series.

Last edited: