• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

Flem274*

123/5
Careful you don't damage something jerking your knee that hard
pretty sure it was tongue in cheek tbf

and it's very close. root only has SA to tick off among the pace attacks and smith only has us. don't think either batsman has played those sides either.

cbf looking up root's record in asia and the UAE, which is probably where smith has him because of being a lone hero in india. what even happened in the UAE aside from Shah and Bababababar ripping everyone a new one, younis batting forever, warner tonning up a lot and misbah reaching peak misbah?

i.e. did smith score any runs? i don't remember

Spark

Global Moderator

and it's very close. root only has SA to tick off among the pace attacks and smith only has us. don't think either batsman has played those sides either.

cbf looking up root's record in asia and the UAE, which is probably where smith has him because of being a lone hero in india. what even happened in the UAE aside from Shah and Bababababar ripping everyone a new one, younis batting forever, warner tonning up a lot and misbah reaching peak misbah?

Yeah he was actually pretty much the only batsman to look settled other than MMarsh. 50 and a 90-odd IIRC.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
i just want people to know, that ****ing stupid australian flag that is hanging out on the balcony is why Australia are losing

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
See an Australian flag on the team balcony. Is Tony Abbott doing a border security speech up there sometime soon?

social

Averaged 40 odd but only 2 tests

The West Indies would've been feeling pretty foolish for not thinking to do that when he was on 0 I reckon.

Look, he clearly can be exploited with his movement to the onside. Doesn't change the fact he's been in pretty good form and you've had to be pretty spot on with your planning, or he's had to have been at the wicket for a number of hours first. England may well nail him on it this series.

Picking an innings where he scored 199 and saying his movement to off was an issue is a bit silly though...how many times did he move across the stumps in exactly this fashion and whip it away through square leg/midwicket in the 8 hours he was at the crease before this happened?
Is Rahat Ali the best lfm that Smith has played in the last year?

Howe_zat

Audio File

Root's played one innings in Asia, his actually quite good 70 on debut.

Checklist analysis bit misleading anyway. Smith's got a better away record than Root.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire

Think Root has only played one match in Asia (his Test debut V India) . Scored 73 and an unbeaten 20

Flem274*

123/5
if clarke would have the decency to get out it would mean i get to properly watch vogels bread bat for the first time and laugh at watson

Flem274*

123/5
Root's played one innings in Asia, his actually quite good 70 on debut.

Checklist analysis bit misleading anyway. Smith's got a better away record than Root.
i was about to say im not a huge fan of the checklist either barring as a guideline for obvious weak countries or downhill skiing but then i remembered pews agrees with me and it's cool and edgy to disagree with pews' cricketing views these days so nah ****s checklist all the way digging up my cricinfo guru analysis list now.

Son Of Coco

That's a super shot to play early on on this wicket. Well done Michael.

Ah well, at least we have Watto to weave his magic next up. LBW 3rd ball.

Last edited: