• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

cnerd123

likes this
this is getting really painful now. Eng's h4x tail is going to take them to 700 after all. Anderson has an 80 odd against us and Jack Leach won MOTM for his batting not too long ago.

Just as I type, Ishant strikes. Thank God.

cnerd123

likes this
lmao Jofra's batting is a myth. Pulls off some stunners in domestix/franchise stuff but hasn't quite figured out batting at international level.

91Jmay

International Coach
Buttler always looks a mess in Tests tbh. One of the most innocuous 50 cap careers you'll find

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Buttler always looks a mess in Tests tbh. One of the most innocuous 50 cap careers you'll find
This is pretty silly. He's actually terrible at downhill skiing in Tests, almost never makes runs when he comes in with a big score on the board.

Loads of his best scores have been in tough situations. I think he's a victim of his own LO success, people expect him to be Gilchrist. But in Tests he's more of a counterpuncher.

Flem274*

123/5
lmao Jofra's batting is a myth. Pulls off some stunners in domestix/franchise stuff but hasn't quite figured out batting at international level.
i just don't think fc averages of 20 odd are all that indicative of a guy being a capable #8 or #9 tbh. a guy like that is going to be either a southee or new broad-esque slogger or a battler punching above his ability, and in both cases you can shave off 5-10 runs from that average in test cricket. the counter could be thakur on debut but i think that's a peak and not the norm and i'll be surprised if he ever bats that well much more in test cricket.

unless someone averages 25+ in fc (which i see jofra almost does) then best to just treat them as a bowler imo, and even then 30 is probably the safe mark*

*all ballpark averages depend on nation and fc comp. averaging 30 with the stick in windies domestix makes a bowler a balanced allrounder.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
of late he's been decent and looked composed. Coming off sl where he played well, I just found it surprising how poor he looked today. doesn't really matter given he's going home after this test.