• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

Niall

International Coach
Axar injured. Umesh injured too.

I could see the logic behind picking Nadeem. Kuldeep would have been a better pick tho. On a flat pitch having the wrist spin/finger spin contrast is more effective than having finger spinners that turn it in different directions. The wristies can extract more purchase and Kuldeep has a mean googly.

England have just played Washy and Nadeem very well and India haven't had much luck.

Yeah Washington has been poor, but nobody had any issue picking him before this test including myself.

Quicks have done ok, skeptical that Siraj would have done any better and Ashwin has been Ashwin.

Nadeem is the only one whose selection did raise alarms but once Axar went down wasn't many alternatives.

Something must be wrong with Kuldeep at the moment, maybe bowling awfully in the nets?

Bahseph

State Captain
Been watching Root since the SL series and there definitely seems to be a change of attitude from him. He has always been easy on the eye but with this hunger we could very well be in for the best of him! Feels odd to say with someone who already has 100 Tests under his belt.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
little early for it but karun nair's whirlwind 300 was a big reason we won the chennai test the last time round, not to mention jadeja on that final day. As well as he bowled Ashwin averaged over 30 in that series.
We will need big contributions from the usual suspects to draw this one. Gotta say though for a ranji veteran i've not seen much from nadeem that impresses me though there is still time for that to change. He wasn't putting 6 balls on the same spot yday.

Shri

Mr. Glass
thing that pisses me off about the kuldeep situation is how he is always in the squad but never plays

ffs let him play for his state and improve if you are never going to pick him ****s

cnerd123

likes this
Need to take a leaf out of Australia's bowling plans and try to give these guys some broken ****ing arms

Niall

International Coach
Seems quite cruel but not sure Washington deserves to be retained if he keeps this up with the ball, he looks out of his depth.

Time for Axar next test?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
did england make a tactical error here by sending pope in before buttler
I don't think so. There's plenty of time left in this match.

Incidentally, what do people think about Stokes getting out trying to hit the ball lover the man on the square leg boundary?