• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai, 05 - 09 Feb 2021

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cook was so ridiculous in that 2012 series. TMS did a big look back on the KP hundred recently but Cook basically winning that series hardly got a mention.

Arachnodouche

International Captain
Nadeem's angle-based selection not working out too well. Not saying the chinaman wouldn't be getting carted around but Nadeem's shown very little of note so far.

Kirkut

International Regular
Bumrah bowled a ball at 149 kph, read it on cricinfo. Alas, the match highlights doesn't contain ball by ball spells of bowlers.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Other than Kiwis, does anyone seriously care about WTC ? I mean as mentioned earlier, it’s not even a proper series so can you seriously decide the “winner” based on one game? I understand NZ fans getting excited at the prospect of winning it because they don’t play much test cricket. But for the others, it should be just meaningless one game “series”. I would have liked for it to be at least three game competition.

In last English tour, England outscored India in first inning in first game which resulted in a draw.
Oh, so you mean does anyone other than the team who's actually got a chance to win it care about it? The other team who makes the final will. And the ones who are trying to make it at the moment do.

It won't be a meaningless one game 'series'. Do you see the World Cup final as a one game series? I'm all for what you're saying though, a three-Test final would be epic. But both teams who go to this final will give a massive ****. The first ever Test Championship final at Lord's is something to get up for.

I still maintain that Test cricket never lacked relevance and it wasn't necessary, however.

Window

U19 Debutant
In absence of Ashwin and Jadeja our spin attack looks weak. Hasn’t got the same bench strength as fast bowling. Maybe India should consider 3 pacers and 2 spinners next game.

Shri

Mr. Glass
In absence of Ashwin and Jadeja our spin attack looks weak. Hasn’t got the same bench strength as fast bowling. Maybe India should consider 3 pacers and 2 spinners next game.
selections are a ****ing joke tbh

nadeem shouldn't be in the squad let alone the xi

kuldeep and axar should have played in hindsight after looking at how sundar has bowled so far

cnerd123

likes this
selections are a ****ing joke tbh

nadeem shouldn't be in the squad let alone the xi

kuldeep and axar should have played in hindsight after looking at how sundar has bowled so far
Axar injured. Umesh injured too.

I could see the logic behind picking Nadeem. Kuldeep would have been a better pick tho. On a flat pitch having the wrist spin/finger spin contrast is more effective than having finger spinners that turn it in different directions. The wristies can extract more purchase and Kuldeep has a mean googly.

England have just played Washy and Nadeem very well and India haven't had much luck.

Shri

Mr. Glass
will england declare at end of day 2 or will they just bat into bat 3 hoping to bat only once

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
will england declare at end of day 2 or will they just bat into bat 3 hoping to bat only once
Depends who is in, if a proper bat is in then keep going, if it is Leach and Anderson you declare and see if you can nick a wicket tonight.