• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at Brisbane

adub

International Captain
Agree with PEWS. I expect Uzi to handle Moeen, but neither would I be surprised if Ali picks him up cheaply a few times in the series.

An early introduction of Ali against Warner if he gets off to a flyer could be worth a gamble too. Bangladesh proved that Warner could actually play spin, but you'd still think if the balls not doing much Ali could be a shout to pick him up on a false shot, or perhaps just slow the runs. If he grabs a pole and is bowling to Khawaja from the get go that increases his chances of too.

Smith and Handscomb I expect to boss Mo though.

vitalogy83

U19 Debutant
Agree with PEWS. I expect Uzi to handle Moeen, but neither would I be surprised if Ali picks him up cheaply a few times in the series.

An early introduction of Ali against Warner if he gets off to a flyer could be worth a gamble too. Bangladesh proved that Warner could actually play spin, but you'd still think if the balls not doing much Ali could be a shout to pick him up on a false shot, or perhaps just slow the runs. If he grabs a pole and is bowling to Khawaja from the get go that increases his chances of too.

Smith and Handscomb I expect to boss Mo though.
Totally agree..he was found out in SL as well. It's well worth gambling a few times this series I'd think.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why does Warne keep talking about Moeen having a better record than Stokes when, based on any metric I can possibly think of, he clearly doesn't? Did he read them backwards at some point?
cos he's been reading Punditry for Dummies by IT Botham

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not sure my LMS nomination is looking very safe atm. These two look fairly comfortable. Not much in the wicket of course.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Someone tell Moeen to put away the pull. The slowness of the pitch seems to be troubling the batsmen and when they are playing shots, they're through them far too early.