• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at Brisbane

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The lack of pace in this deck makes me worried about our batting, who all prefer the ball to come on to the bat.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The lack of pace in this deck makes me worried about our batting, who all prefer the ball to come on to the bat.
It's very much an English flat deck ratehr than an Australian one. I know I'm having another wahhhh but this is clear proof that we don't doctor anywhere near as much as other countries.

stephen

It's very much an English flat deck ratehr than an Australian one. I know I'm having another wahhhh but this is clear proof that we don't doctor anywhere near as much as other countries.
Yep. The pitch this time is the result of a cool November (barely cracking 24 the whole month) and the rain over the last couple of weeks. It's basically been an English summer this spring (except for a brief hot patch in September).

mackembhoy

International Debutant
As bad as BT coverage has been I feel for you lot having to listen to Pietersen for for more than 30 seconds.

Last night he said he would rather Lyon figures were 3/70 instead of 0/40 on BT. Cos England should have attacked him more.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Gabba's always been a ****e wicket. Your bowlers are just struggling against batsmen used to the ball bouncing higher than shin height.

stephen

Gabba's always been a ****e wicket. Your bowlers are just struggling against batsmen used to the ball bouncing higher than shin height.
No this is something else. I've never seen a Gabba wicket this slow and low before.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Field placing's been decent from Smith. There's been a few shots (that latest one from Malan being the perfect example) that haven't got what they deserved.