• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Julian87

State Captain
tbf hard for burto to really get anything going when we’ve got such a small pack

we’re going to get dominated up front every game lol
Yep and that’s not changing any time soon. I can’t believe they haven’t tried to shake out some decent props from clubs that are stacked. They should be hard in after Tre Mooney.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think these teams might both struggle to make top four tbh. Brisbane read a lot of their own press plus lost a couple of good ‘uns and relying on an old half. Hopefully they’re mentally hurt from last year’s gf too. theyre just a made for tv franchise with no soul and a ready made Origin roster since 1988

Souths look light on for quality up front to me and I’m not sure their half is up to running them around the park.

Early days for both though.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Souths have got the Rorters next week. If they go 0-3 I reckon the wheels will fall off. Long way back. Happened to my mob last year. They’re lucky to only be 12-0 down and I don’t think Brisbane have been great either

There was talk last year the inmates were running the joint at souths. I’m not sure their half back has the moxie to run some of their bigger egos around the park

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Souths have got the Rorters next week. If they go 0-3 I reckon the wheels will fall off. Long way back. Happened to my mob last year. They’re lucky to only be 12-0 down and I don’t think Brisbane have been great either

There was talk last year the inmates were running the joint at souths. I’m not sure their half back has the moxie to run some of their bigger egos around the park
Souths we’re awful last year and nothing has changed which is why I can’t understand people rating them highly

Now 12-12 so wtf do I know?

Julian87

State Captain
I’m not sold that either of last night’s teams can genuinely push for a comp with their current forward packs.

Broncos getting pumped up the middle for much of the start of that game by Keppie/Shaq M/Tatola was concerning.

Flegler is a huge, huge loss and they’ve not replaced him at all. They also have zero second row depth as seen in Vegas. An injury to Piokura or Riki will be disastrous.

Souths have so many ordinary players. But I guess that will always happen when you have so much cap tied up in 5-7 players. I know beggars can’t be choosers when it comes to bottom dollar players but pretty much all their reserve outside backs are absolute chumps. Illias is also possibly the worst first choice halfback in the competition. They’ll almost definitely be 0-3 after next week and given their draw could potentially be 1-7 after 9 rounds.

ripper868

International Coach
I might actually get to watch more of the NRL than I think - I'm generally working from home Thursday and Friday, so will probably have the Thurs night game on in background, then Friday have the choice of Super Rugby or the League (or one on tv, other on 2nd screen/mobile.

Streaming and tech has come a long way since the days of only 4 channels.

Kraken

International 12th Man
souths won't make the 8 imo
brisbane will be okay in the pack once they bring Xavier Willison in, kids a gun

Julian87

State Captain
souths won't make the 8 imo
brisbane will be okay in the pack once they bring Xavier Willison in, kids a gun
In a perfect world; yep. But they flat out can’t cover an injury to Haas, Carrigan or either second rower. And with the attrition rate of forwards it isn’t likely they’ll all play a full season.