• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

ripper868

International Coach
Call me daft, and i should just google it, but internet doesn't go across hemispheres, I've got a couple questions.

1. When is round 1?
2. Who are the whipping boys now? Is it still the Tigers?
3. Will SOO matches be included in the tipping comp?
4. Is Gordon Tallis a better Fullback than Matt Bowen?

ashley bach

International Captain
So far we got:

Ash
AVA
Brumby
Burgey
Coronis
Duffer
Flem
Kraken
Morgieb
Pews
Ripper
Shady
SOC
Tart

Cribbeh has a couple of past posters supposedly joining plus whatever late entries.

@Prince EWS if you're too busy tomorrow I'll do the lines for the first week, but would be good to get this other thread rolling asap.

ashley bach

International Captain
Week one

Manly(+1.5) Souths(-1.5)
Sydney(+3.5) Brisbane(-3.5)
Newcastle(-7.5) Canberra(+7.5)
NZW(-4.5) Cronulla(+4.5)
Melbourne(+2.5) Penrith(-2.5)
Parramatta(-6.5) Canterbury(+6.5)
Gold Coast(-4.5) St George(+4.5)
Dolphins(+6.5) Nth Qld(-6.5)

Please wait a day or two before entering your picks until the next thread opens.
Unless I'm mistaken kickoff is Sunday 2.30PM Sydney time so jam in there sometime before 1.30.
Hopefully Cribbeh can quickly wake up or he may get the sack before a ball is bowled.

Try to be on time each and every week with your entries or your chances of doing well will immediately be in jeopardy.

@AVA @BoyBrumby @Burgey @Coronis @duffer @Flem274* @Jarquis @Kraken
@morgieb @Mike5181 @Prince EWS @ripper868 @Shady Slim @Son Of Coco @Tart

Julian87

State Captain
So far we got:

Ash
AVA
Brumby
Burgey
Coronis
Duffer
Flem
Kraken
Morgieb
Pews
Ripper
Shady
SOC
Tart

Cribbeh has a couple of past posters supposedly joining plus whatever late entries.

@Prince EWS if you're too busy tomorrow I'll do the lines for the first week, but would be good to get this other thread rolling asap.
Im one of the old posters Cribberto was rounding up. I’ll be in if the comp is still open.

ashley bach

International Captain
Always look at the favourite and work from there. They are always minus on the line.
Parramatta(-6.5) Canterbury(+6.5)
If you bet on the fav you always ''give away'' points.
Here if you want to be on Parra you need them to win by 7 or more. So B for buy.

If you want to back the underdog you get the handicap, Bulldogs to win or lose by 6 or less. S for sell.

Basically buying is backing the fav to go over the handicap while selling is backing the underdog to cover it.

ashley bach

International Captain
ABANDONED until round 2

There's only 12 hours to go and there's no way 18 people are getting in on time. Guys like Brumby and Ripper will be asleep, it just wont work.
Last thing we want is a messy start like handing out 4 points to those who didn't compete while those who did may only chalk up 2 or 3 points.
Bad luck to those who thought their selections through, not a disaster but certainly a shame given we had so much time to be prepared.
The lines need to be out on Monday, or Tuesday at the very latest to give time to ponder and post. Remember some rounds start on a Thursday.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
ABANDONED until round 2

There's only 12 hours to go and there's no way 18 people are getting in on time. Guys like Brumby and Ripper will be asleep, it just wont work.
Last thing we want is a messy start like handing out 4 points to those who didn't compete while those who did may only chalk up 2 or 3 points.
Bad luck to those who thought their selections through, not a disaster but certainly a shame given we had so much time to be prepared.
The lines need to be out on Monday, or Tuesday at the very latest to give time to ponder and post. Remember some rounds start on a Thursday.
Yes… thinking… all the way through… sure

AVA

First Class Debutant
Alternate option, just abandon the first two games? Does it affect anything if we play a 6 game round to start?

readie

State Regular
As promised here we go, still 7 weeks until kickoff but best to be well prepared.

2024 NRL TIPPING COMP

@AVA @the big bambino @BoyBrumby @Burgey @Coronis @dontcloseyoureyes @duffer
@_Ed_ @Flem274* @Fuller Pilch @Gnske @James @JBMAC @Kraken @mr_mister
@Mister Wright @morgieb @Mike5181 @Prince EWS @ripper868 @RossTaylorsBox
@Shady Slim @Smudge @Son Of Coco @social @Spikey @Tart @thierry henry

RULES

NRL matches only, includes play-offs and finishes off with the grand final.

1st=3000
2nd=2000
3rd=1000

Dead-heat rules apply eg 1st=2,500 each, 3rd= 500 each

It's not about picking winners but picking what side of the handicap you venture.
1 point for every correct pick, 0 for a wrong pick.
The lines used will be the NSW TAB.
Pews will post the lines on a Monday. All picks to be in no later than 1 hour before kick off in the opening match of the week.
Should the lines change before the game, we'll still be sticking to the original lines on the Monday. If you get your picks in early this could either
mean good or bad fortune pending on which way the line goes.
How to send in your picks:
Here's an example of what you'll see:

Penrith (-5.5) Brisbane (+5.5)

Home team always on the left, if you back Penrith you are buying which means you need them to win by 6+
Back Brisbane and you are selling which means you win when the Broncos win or lose by less than 5 points.
Games are all in order so when you send in your picks it should read something like this...

S
S
B
S
B
B
S
B

Everyone will receive ONE runners chance. That is if you forget to get your picks in on time you will automatically be given the home team
to cover the handicap, if you forget twice then congratulations you score an automatic 0 points.
It's simple, get your bets in on time.

Pews will also post the leader-board and the end of the round, which will make it interesting to see how we're all going.

In the final four rounds and the play-offs, picks for those at the top end of the leader-board will be made invisible.
That means picks won't be seen or known until kickoff in the opening match. The reason for this is to stop copying, for example 1st could mirror
2nd place picks which would give no chance to be caught.

Should any unforeseen circumstances occur I'll reserve the right now to have the final say(with or without advice from the committee)

Entries close on the 1st March(1st game on the 3rd)
Please confirm your entry with a simple ''in''

The bad news is I'll be winning the comp, so you plonkers will be eating my dust fighting out 2nd and 3rd.
Either way I'm quietly confident it's going to be fun for everyone involved. Enjoy!
In

Kraken

International 12th Man
ABANDONED until round 2

team lists are Tuesday at 4pm, probably good to do it right after that