• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably the most gifted player of my generation, at least up there with Johns/JT (not sure Smith is as gifted even though he's better than at least two of them). Broke my heart numerous times in Origin, made up for it for beastilness around 2012-14 at club level. Sad way to go out. Will be missed.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably the most gifted player of my generation, at least up there with Johns/JT (not sure Smith is as gifted even though he's better than at least two of them). Broke my heart numerous times in Origin, made up for it for beastilness around 2012-14 at club level. Sad way to go out. Will be missed.
I don't think I'd call Smith particularly gifted exactly. Not in the way that we tend to mean it when we talk about a player like that anyway.

morgieb

I don't think I'd call Smith particularly gifted exactly. Not in the way that we tend to mean it when we talk about a player like that anyway.
Yeah this is kinda what I meant. Smith's main strengths are a lot more intangible.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah this is kinda what I meant. Smith's main strengths are a lot more intangible.
I don't know if "tangible" is the right word, but they're less psychical and arguably less natural. Usually when we talk about gifted players we're talking mostly about physical attributes, or at least developed physical skills. Smith's main thing is his decision-making.

I think we all get the distinction anyway haha, we're just all having a crack at articulating it. :laugh:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't know if "tangible" is the right word, but they're less psychical and arguably less natural. Usually when we talk about gifted players we're talking mostly about physical attributes, or at least developed physical skills. Smith's main thing is his decision-making.

I think we all get the distinction anyway haha, we're just all having a crack at articulating it. :laugh:
I'd say his stamina is a pretty extraordinary physical attribute. Plays 80 minutes, makes 40+ tackles a game, next to never gets injured and has been doing so for 17 years. But yeah, not really the same thing as what a GI or Slater has (had).

God I hate waxing lyrical about that grubby ****.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Far too many errors from Parra last night. Cost them any chance in what was a tight game for 65 minutes. Canberra away is a tough enough road trip without handing the ball back to them time after time.
Meant to comment on this earlier, but a Canberra that doesn't beat itself is a genuinely scary prospect.

Burgey

It can be terrible.

Tonight’s game is turning into a ****ing pizzling too
PreMature post is premature.

Jeez, we were only talking about clean fAg strikes in here last week. That one last night by Mitchell was a beauty.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
They truly were a juggernaut today. Tigers had nothing.

Spectacular stadium. Perfect ground for this part of the world. Cursing that I won't be able to make it in round 11.

Burgey

Yeah it looks ****ing amazing. What a stadium.

One of those days for the Tigers. **** game to draw tbh. But Parra would have pushed anyone today. Rose to the occasion

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
Disappointed the Warriors couldn't get the win last night. You could sense the Storm were going to catch them at the end. A lack of game management is a real problem with Green injured.

Peta Hiku, what an enigma. He has looked terrible in the centres, yet looked like a world beater at fullback.

Agree with the sentiment expressed earlier that number 9 is the most important player on the field these days.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
We... actually looked like a footy team at times tonight.

I must not hope. Hope is the mind killer.