• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Offical Rugby League Thread

Shady Slim

International Coach
brisbane looked about twenty points better than the sliccs but just couldn't put them to sleep, not sure if this reflects well on the sliccs or badly on the horse

walsh has the sauce though

ashley bach

International Captain
Very early days no doubt, but just thinking if they can improve and learn from the position that they got into last year they won't be far away.
Reece Walsh signing just seems to give them that extra injection, but of course the welfare of Reynolds will be paramount.
@social

ashley bach

International Captain
brisbane looked about twenty points better than the sliccs but just couldn't put them to sleep, not sure if this reflects well on the sliccs or badly on the horse

walsh has the sauce though
There's no doubt he has the sauce, and he's started off well this year. However having watched him closely at the Warriors, he's definitely an enigma.
When things go poorly he can be awful, whether that's got anything to do with how the Warriors played or how he was coached is anyone's guess.
Really early in the season but he looks to have his head in a better place this year.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
@Pews

Tigers 0-4

Did you support acquiring Papali'i for $700K
Did you support keeping Brooks instead of Hastings?
And you have some good players in your 30 not getting picked on game day
With the inexperienced Benji as your next coach there could be trouble in tiger town for the next 5 years,

Flem274*

123/5
Our year babyyyy.

I take back the ref statement. He's not patriotic, just incompetent. Our try was a clear obstruction imo. NRL refs are clueless ****s.

Shady Slim

International Coach
doggies robbed as obvious obstruction let through for the game winner
yet again the nrl shows they're rigging stuff against us after trying to do the same last week with a horribly short ten metres

Flem274*

123/5
doggies robbed as obvious obstruction let through for the game winner
yet again the nrl shows they're rigging stuff against us after trying to do the same last week with a horribly short ten metres
i mean you, got a huge let off with the 'knock on' and the first half 'forward pass'.

Shady Slim

International Coach
he literally goes for the strip.

the forward pass was a few out from your line first half. it was clearly flat, because skygo stopped on it for a good 2 minutes.
i'll take your word on the forward pass but for mine what ultimately happened was the ball came forward out of the hands of the warriors guy, it wasn't as if the ball was wrenched out by kikau's actions

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
@Pews

Tigers 0-4

Did you support acquiring Papali'i for $700K
Did you support keeping Brooks instead of Hastings?
And you have some good players in your 30 not getting picked on game day
With the inexperienced Benji as your next coach there could be trouble in tiger town for the next 5 years,
@Prince EWS

Face the music and justify your team's thinking. And why are they going after Pearce now?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They're doing the Parra early 2010s thing - looking for the one magic player to turn **** around. It never works.

Unless of course it's Zava.

Hurricane2

U19 Cricketer
They're doing the Parra early 2010s thing - looking for the one magic player to turn **** around. It never works.

Unless of course it's Zava.
Korisau is back firing as he is trying to win the game by himself. That star signing is not working out.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Korisau is back firing as he is trying to win the game by himself. That star signing is not working out.
None of them have tbh.

I don’t think Papa is a bad buy at all but tbf the Parra halves were good at putting him (and Lane come to that) into space on the edges whereas Brooks has frankly been terrible even by his standards this season so far. Probably trying too hard. Also seems to me they’re trying to sort of out Douehi where they think this week’s problem is. I’d play him Centre tbh, otherwise six.

I’d be tempted to move Papa to the middle when the starting props are benched, which he did for periods in a lot of games for us and was brilliant. He has a great motor but is being wasted atm.

Not sold on bringing Bateman back tbh. Seems well past it but I suppose it’s early days yet. He and Papa in your back row ought to be the basis for something very decent, especially when combined with young Stefano in the front row who could and should end up a rep player. I know Parra didn’t want to let him go, butyou can’t keep all of them I guess.