• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI World Cup 2023 Fantasy Draft

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Next up in the auction is the team that won over test nations like West Indies and Ireland to find a rightful place in the World Cup. And there have been reinforcements to the team as well with players like Ackermann, RVD and Engelbrecht joining the WC qualifiers squad. Please vote for 0-12 players from the below 15 players. You have 24 hours from this post to make your bids.

NetherlandsBid Amount
Scott Edwards
Max O’Dowd
Bas de Leede
Vikram Singh
Teja Nidamanuru
Paul van Meekeren
Colin Ackermann
Roelof van der Merwe
Logan van Beek
Aryan Dutt
Ryan Klein
Wesley Barresi
Saqib Zulfiqar
Shariz Ahmad
Sybrand Engelbrecht

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Dear all, I am making one slight change to the draft due to multiple personal requests on the same. We can bid for 0-12 players in all rounds irrespective of the number of players you have. In case your player count exceeds 12 (For eg. you have 10 players already and win 3 more in this round), I will ask you to release one player from the 3 to keep it to 12 and that player will go to unpicked list for the last round auction.
@Jarquis Sorry that you didn't like this rule change and I hope it doesn't impact you much. This change has been done so that team owners are not deprived of bidding for desired players to fill their squad even though they have the money. But we will stick to only 12 players per side and once the 12 is filled, they will not be allowed to bid anymore.

Hopefully, there will not be any more rule changes from my side.

Bitmap

State Vice-Captain
1. A lot of close bids this time. Ataraxia winning KL Rahul for just $22 over quite a few close bids is a kill
2. It is shocking that Kohli got only 2 bids. I was double checking to see if I missed any bids for him
3. Hardik and Shami imo got oversold a bit
4. Ataraxia has been quite prudent in the auction so far grabbing 8 players at $93/player
5. This is probably the most distributed round with 9 out of 12 owners winning at least a player

Purse Left$300$129$259$535$440$238$435$854$729$337$310$271
Money Used$700$871$741$465$560$762$565$146$271$663$690$729
Teuton$Weeman27bob$Ataraxia$Krypto Knights$Shri$Silva Foxes$Jarquis$anil1405$kingkallis$BoyBrumby$Bitmap$H&H$
WKQuinton de Kock203Carey$164Heinrich Klaasen100Bairstow$253Buttler$251Josh Inglis$6
Player 1Warner140David Malan103Jason Roy72Aiden Markram171Adil Rashid110Wood133Tabraiz Shamsi70Curran123Reeza Hendricks55Moeen143Gerald Coetzee22Stokes139
Player 2Head130Joe Root218Willey25Anrich Nortje123Ravindra Jadeja190Atkinson33Rassie van der Dussen100Topley23Virat Kohli170Woakes131Sisanda Magala6Shreyas Iyer44
Player 3Marsh180KL Rahul22Mohammed Shami160Livingstone123Shubman Gill165Suryakumar Yadav46Axar Patel48Jasprit Bumrah122
Player 4Temba Bavuma100Marco Jansen81Rohit Sharma194Mohammed Siraj120S. Smith166
Player 5Keshav Maharaj$79Maxwell$207Hardik Pandya$217Kuldeep Yadav$110Ishan Kishan$123
Player 6Kagiso Rabada$187Shardul Thakur$62Stoinis$88Green$275
Player 7Agar$107
Player 8Starc$265
Player 9Sean Abbott$21Cummins$171
Player 10Zampa150Hazlewood123
Player 11
Player count568346523565
Money/Player$140$145$93$155$140$127$113$73$90$133$115$146
Ishan Kishan should be in @Krypto's squad

Silver Silva

International Debutant
1. A lot of close bids this time. Ataraxia winning KL Rahul for just $22 over quite a few close bids is a kill
2. It is shocking that Kohli got only 2 bids. I was double checking to see if I missed any bids for him
3. Hardik and Shami imo got oversold a bit
4. Ataraxia has been quite prudent in the auction so far grabbing 8 players at $93/player
5. This is probably the most distributed round with 9 out of 12 owners winning at least a player .
My Thinking was Hardik Pandya is the only player in the Indian squad that can bat in top 7 and bowl seam ..So he's going to play majority of the games and I expect India to go far hence I paid premium.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
My Thinking was Hardik Pandya is the only player in the Indian squad that can bat in top 7 and bowl seam ..So he's going to play majority of the games and I expect India to go far hence I paid premium.
That's true. But the negative point is, he won't get to bat or bowl many balls unless there is a collapse or India's bowling is getting hit big time. Still a good pick and he may well end up even as your most valuable player.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Dear all, I am making one slight change to the draft due to multiple personal requests on the same. We can bid for 0-12 players in all rounds irrespective of the number of players you have. In case your player count exceeds 12 (For eg. you have 10 players already and win 3 more in this round), I will ask you to release one player from the 3 to keep it to 12 and that player will go to unpicked list for the last round auction.
Hi all, there were couple of queries in pm on this rule. So, just to clarify with an example, if you have 8 players in your squad already, bid for 10 Netherlands players and win 6 out of those 10, then you are bound to take 4 out of those 6 players and can release only 2 players to limit your squad count to 12.

You cannot release anyone taken in the squad already unless the player is not in official squad.

anil1405

International Captain
Hi all, there were couple of queries in pm on this rule. So, just to clarify with an example, if you have 8 players in your squad already, bid for 10 Netherlands players and win 6 out of those 10, then you are bound to take 4 out of those 6 players and can release only 2 players to limit your squad count to 12.

You cannot release anyone taken in the squad already unless the player is not in official squad.
So In case of a player being released I am assuming the second highest bidder gets that player.

This might actually get complicated in the latter rounds.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
So In case of a player being released I am assuming the second highest bidder gets that player.

This might actually get complicated in the latter rounds.
No. As I have mentioned in my post, the released player will go into the unpicked pool for the last round auction. Yes, we could have gone with second highest bidder but have put out this rule already and don't want to change.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
No. As I have mentioned in my post, the released player will go into the unpicked pool for the last round auction. Yes, we could have gone with second highest bidder but have put out this rule already and don't want to change.
Why should they be able to bid on more players than they’re able to win?

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
I think this is a issue . This can negatively impact another drafter , however don't know what the possibility is of this at current stage however will become more and more likely as slots get less, so a drafter with less slots can potentially negate players from others and force into pool . Also don't know if anyone will do this on purpose but almost definite it is going to happen

Krypto

U19 Vice-Captain
Been happening since round 1 , confused me a lot as a taught your not able to however drafters did . Kinda cost me Ngidi . I did mention it somewhat earlier if i knew i would've drafted differently .

Silver Silva

International Debutant
Cause you don't really know who you're going to win or what is a winning bid until after the results from tournament master is released ..

As long as the player still has slots to fill to complete 12 man squad with his remaining budget, it should be okay to bid for more players than he requires ..

For example let's say someone here got 11 players already with like 50 dollars in bank ..and there's still Sri Lanka , Pakistan , Bangladesh, Afghanistan and New Zealand to go ..must the player only be able to target 1 out of every 15 man squad ?

You have to cater for all bidding styles , some bid knowing or hoping that not all bids go through but one of them catches , some bid only for the players they want ..

If someone who has more players than you matches your bid it's part of the game , it's a skill to do that with less money (Something I've yet to master 🤣)

anil1405

International Captain
One option could be to limit the number of players a drafter can bid for based on how many slots he has left. Maybe allow an additional two bids.

For instance if someone has picked 9 players and has 3 slots left he can bid for maximum of 5 players.

This also ensures more responsible bids from here on.

Himannv

International Coach
I think we should be allowed to bid for more than 12 players. Just imagine you're Virat Kohli and you score a good hundred, but then you find out that only two blokes bid for you in the prestigious CW ODI fantasy Draft. You'd feel so let down!

Now if we had unlimited bids, this would all change and poor Kohli wouldn't feel left out. Please think about Virat when you make this decision.