• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Draft - Ascending Batting Average

StephenZA

Hall of Fame Member
1. Sharma
2. Lara
3. ABdV+
4. Mathews (6)
5. Bevan
6. (Rakep) Patel
7. ten Doeschate (5)
8. Jadeja (4)
9. Pollock* (3)
10. Hadlee (2)
11. Donald (1)

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sanath Jayasuriya
Imam-ul-Haq
Shai Hope
Joe Root
MS Dhoni
Ian Botham
James Faulkner
Bas Zuiderent
Daniel Vettori
Wasim Akram
Michael Holding

Yeah, not very good. Bowling is decent I suppose.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Honest Hunks

Shane Watson
David Warner
Steve Smith
Asif Iqbal
KL Rahul +
Ben Stokes
Aqib Ilyas
Mitch Johnson
Sunil Narine
Andy Roberts
Joel Garner

Roberts and Johnson with the new ball will be a very lethal one on most tracks, Garner as the ultimate 3rd seamer of all time, Watson and Stokes complement with 140+ heat as well as swing, both conventional and reverse. Will be awesome for the captain to have 5 seamers to pick from for the slog too. Sunil Narine has an ER of 4.5 or something and that is just ridiculous in modern day ODI cricket. Aqib will mainly bowl leggies to complement Sunil but chip in with both crucial runs and crucial wickets. Steve Smith and Asif Iqbal will bowl when needed too.

With the batting, an amazing AT Aussie combo of Warner and Watson with Smith slotting in nicely at 3, with Asif Iqbal and Rahul providing solidity as well as dash as needed. Stokes will be awesome at 6 and Aqib will lend some useful runs and guide the hitting of Johnson and Narine. Roberts is no mug with the bat either. All in all pretty awesome team inspite of FP Congdon blocking me for no reason. :p

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Matthew Hayden
Glenn Turner
Dennis Amiss
Dean Jones *
Ambati Rayudu
Jos Buttler +
Lance Klusener [5]
Malcolm Marshall [2]
Shane Warne [4]
Ian Bishop [3]
Curtly Ambrose [1]
This is a very good team. That's my writeup.

anil1405

International Captain
Thanks to everyone for participating. This draft might have needed an additional rule or two but then if it had more rules I guess entertainment (and anxiety, as trundler pointed it out) wouldn't have been as high as it was. It was nice to see first Stephen pick a solid top 3 bowlers (2 all rounders) and looked like he would run away, then mr_mister made a perfect move at the right time to dismantle everyone else's plans and then it went haywire from there on.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sachin Tendulkar 5
Jonny Bairstow +
Kane Williamson 7
Viv Richards 6 *
Babar Azam
Faf Du Plessis
Mohammad Nadeem
Chaminda Vaas 2
Paul Reiffel 3
Anil Kumble 4