• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Descending Draft

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Hello,

* In this draft every pick will need to have fewer ODI caps than your previous pick

* I will do a free for all in Round 1 (depending on numbers would be looking at Saturday or Sunday morning BST), reverse order of that in top 2, and then based on drafter with the highest current number of caps from Round 3 onwards.

* Each XI must have a minimum of 3 players from a nation not in top 9 of ODI rankings as of April 5th (For clarity that is all associate nations plus Afghanistan, Ireland and Zimbabwe)

* Each XI can only have a maximum of 5 players with an ODI debut before 1995 (max 5 players with debuts between 1971 and 1994)

* 8 hour timeouts

Let me know if you are in for this draft and do not hesitate to post any questions

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
* Each XI must have a minimum of 3 players from a nation not in top 9 of ODI rankings as of April 5th (For clarity that is all associate nations plus Afghanistan, Ireland and Zimbabwe)
This rule too. Descending number of games is enough of a tactical challenge for drafters to plan around. It will become haphazard if we add more rules.

Line and Length

Cricketer Of The Year
ODI's are an area where my knowledge is limited. I'm willing to give it a go but the rules and conditions are a little confusing.

Teuton

International Captain
I think an extra tradeoff is ok to change it up a bit and maybe diversify the likely picks.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
This rule too. Descending number of games is enough of a tactical challenge for drafters to plan around. It will become haphazard if we add more rules.
Nah, I like this rule. Picking associates will give the team more of a diverse look.

JOJOXI

My reasoning for both rules were

With regards to the pre 2000s rule is that it doesn't effectively become a pre 2000 draft almost by default apart from Kohli, AbdV, Buttler, Dhoni and a few others especially with the descending nature of draft favouring older generations of players. Would be willing to go with 5 from pre 1995 though (would also make Kenya's earliest ODI cricketers more attractive in this draft.

With regards to the non top 9 nations rule it adds diversity to the teams and in addition with the pre 2000s rules means you have a decision to make in do you choose the top 'associate' players and potentially skip some of the best post 2000 players who are likely to have lower caps than best players from past eras or compromise on associates until a later time.

I do understand it is a somewhat taxing draft but hoping it also leads to more diverse teams and unpredictable picks.

JOJOXI

Hello,

* In this draft every pick will need to have fewer ODI caps than your previous pick

* I will do a free for all in Round 1 (depending on numbers would be looking at Saturday or Sunday morning BST), reverse order of that in top 2, and then based on drafter with the highest current number of caps from Round 3 onwards.

* Each XI can only have a maximum of 5 players with an ODI debut before 1995 (max 5 players with debuts between 1971 and 1994)

* 8 hour timeouts

Let me know if you are in for this draft and do not hesitate to post any questions

Have edited the rules at the top to 5 players with an ODI debut before 1995.

Also in terms of signups so far

JOJOXI
honestbharani
HookShot
Teuton
@CricAddict ?
Line and Length
Trundler
King kallis
Pothas
Bitmap

ankitj ?