• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI Debut Chronology draft

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So after Stephen's wildly successful new format in alphabetical and reverse alphabetical drafts, I thought we can try another variation of it.

In this draft you will pick 11 players to form an ODI team. You will pick players strictly in the order of their debut dates i.e. each player you pick should have debuted in a year more recent than the year your previous player debuted in. You can pick no more than one player from one debut year.

In the first round, everyone gets one pick in the order of your CW debut date (= join date), starting with earliest CW debutant first. After everyone has made at least 1 pick, drafters pick in order of the debut date of last player picked by each drafter. In case 2 drafters pick players with same debut date, the one who got to that debut date later gets slotted ahead of the other.

To avoid tricky picks like Garry Sobers, players you pick must have played at least 5 ODI games. When you pick a player, please state his ODI debut date alongside.

Standard max 16 hours between picks in 1st round. Then max 8 hours between picks.

Please indicate if you are interested. We will look at about 8-10 drafters.

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I keep trying to get out but they keep pulling me back in.

I'm in :)

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Counting myself we have 8+ sign ups already! In order of CW debut:

1. Honestbharani (2004)
  2. Pothas (2005)
  3. Stephen (2007)
  4. Weldone (2008-01)
  5. Kingakallis (2008-03)
  6. Ankitj (2010)
  7. RedHill (2012)