• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

ODI ATG XIs

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Klusener in for Azhar. Bump Gilly and Bevan up a spot each. Waugh in for Jayasuriya.
Done

ODI XI of 1990s

Sachin Tendulkar
Mark Waugh
Brian Lara
Aravinda Desilva
Michael Bevan
Adam Gilchrist
Lance Klusener
Shaun Pollock
Wasim Akram
Saqlain Mushtaq
Allan Donald

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Done

ODI XI of 1990s

Sachin Tendulkar
Mark Waugh
Brian Lara
Aravinda Desilva
Michael Bevan
Adam Gilchrist
Lance Klusener
Shaun Pollock
Wasim Akram
Saqlain Mushtaq
Allan Donald
Certainly a more balanced side isn't it? Don't have to rely on filthy part time spin for ten overs and Klusener can bang a few around late. Awesome bowling too. All 4 frontline bowlers were destructive.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
ODI XI of 1980s

Gordon Greenidge
Desmond Haynes
Viv Richards
Javed Miandad
Dean Jones
Imran Khan
Kapil Dev
Jeff Dujon
Richard Hadlee
Michael Holding
Joel Garner
Lack of spinners is interesting. But accurate too. They didn't produce any spinners of note in 80s barring Qadir may be.

trundler

Bats deep too. You've got a tearaway, a line and length merchant and Saqlain and Akram's bags of tricks. Beats the 80s IMO.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Done

ODI XI of 1990s

Sachin Tendulkar
Mark Waugh
Brian Lara
Aravinda Desilva
Michael Bevan
Adam Gilchrist
Lance Klusener
Shaun Pollock
Wasim Akram
Saqlain Mushtaq
Allan Donald
I will love to bring in Waqar but his ER is probably a downer.

Daemon

The difference, of course, being that I have maintained my standards of excellence, whereas Tendulkar faded away and selfishly went on despite no longer being up to the task.
Have you though? Your post to like ratio has decreased significantly.

I mean I value longevity but this is hurting your career. Feels like you're just posting for the sake of that 100k mark these days.

trundler

Donald and Waqar have similar records don't they? Similar kind of bowlers too in a way. Lethal pace but erratic. I'll take Donald over Waqar based on ER though Waqar took a lot of daddy hauls.

h_hurricane

2000s XI

Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist
Ricky Ponting
Yuvraj Singh
Michael Hussey
MS Dhoni
Andrew Flintoff
Shaun Pollock
Brett Lee
Glenn Mcgrath
Muttiah Muralitharan

h_hurricane

Lack of spinners is interesting. But accurate too. They didn't produce any spinners of note in 80s barring Qadir may be.
True.Quality wise one would not pick Qadir over any of these bowlers just because he bowls a different style of bowling. Richards could roll his arm over too.

h_hurricane

2010s XI

David Warner
Rohit Sharma
Virat Kohli
Kumar Sangakkara
AB Devilliers
Shakib Al Hassan
MS Dhoni
Shahid Afridi
Mitchell Starc
Mitchell Johnson
Morne Morkel

Last edited:

Burgey

Have you though? Your post to like ratio has decreased significantly.

I mean I value longevity but this is hurting your career. Feels like you're just posting for the sake of that 100k mark these days.
I don't go chasing likes, though of course I find myself logging on each day to a swathe of new ones. I think you'll find my standards have not dropped one iota. It's just that you're incapable of keeping up with my level of brilliance.

There's no shame in that, btw. No one can.

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Peter Taylor should get an honorable mention for the 80s. Not because he deserves a spot but just because he had the coolest action.

TheJediBrah

2000s XI

Sachin Tendulkar
Adam Gilchrist
Ricky Ponting
Yuvraj Singh
Michael Hussey
MS Dhoni
Andrew Flintoff
Shaun Pollock
Brett Lee
Glenn Mcgrath
Muttiah Muralitharan
I'll give you a choice of players to replace Yuvraj (avge 37 in 00s) with:

Darren Lehmann: avge 48 @ sr 83
Matthew Hayden: avge 45 @ sr 80 (would require bit of a batting reshuffle though)

also averaging over 40: Kallis, Sarwan, Clarke, Martyn, Chanderpaul, Dippenaar, MoYo, Rhodes, Gayle, Watson, Dravid, Atapattu, Ganguly (a few of these guys had strike-rates sub-80 though which is less than ideal)

Probably should be Lehmann, he's the standout of the remaining players.