• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ U-19's in CWLand

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The CWBCC will not take action against any player who opts out of U-19 service in order to represent domestically and thus perhaps push a stronger immediate claim for Test/ODI selection.

Loony BoB

International Captain
I strongly urge ALL U-19 players, even those not currently selected, to state whether they would be happy to be in contention for a position on U-19 tours, stating specifically whether or not they would be happy to participate in on-season U-19 tours and whether or not they would be happy to participate in off-season U-19 tours.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
its a bit early to be asking people to state whether they would participate in future on season tours, as it may be that they break into their dev league side between now and then.

For thos currently in the squad, i guess it boils down to whether they are willing to risk not getting back in their side when they return from the tour.

Loony BoB

International Captain
superkingdave said:
its a bit early to be asking people to state whether they would participate in future on season tours, as it may be that they break into their dev league side between now and then.

For thos currently in the squad, i guess it boils down to whether they are willing to risk not getting back in their side when they return from the tour.
If the U-19 selectors don't know if someone would want to play in on-season tours, how will we know who we can and can't select? :blink: We aren't exactly going to stop them from changing their mind ahead of future tours.

I'd like to state from a Colts selector perspective that those Colts good enough to be considered for an U-19 international side would easily get into the Colts first team. I think it would be a shame if a player was shunned from selection purely due to his decision to represent the country.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Loony BoB said:
If the U-19 selectors don't know if someone would want to play in on-season tours, how will we know who we can and can't select? :blink: We aren't exactly going to stop them from changing their mind ahead of future tours.

I'd like to state from a Colts selector perspective that those Colts good enough to be considered for an U-19 international side would easily get into the Colts first team. I think it would be a shame if a player was shunned from selection purely due to his decision to represent the country.
yeah but if a guy does well for his dev league side when someone goes off to NZ, he ain't going to be too happy if he gets dropped when these players come back is he?

Loony BoB

International Captain
superkingdave said:
yeah but if a guy does well for his dev league side when someone goes off to NZ, he ain't going to be too happy if he gets dropped when these players come back is he?
Likewise, he could stay in the squad and be just as likely to be dropped. It's not a gamble any more than continuing to play for the side is a gamble.

I think everyone knows that the CW Black panel don't want their players to leave their Dev League side, I don't think it's fair to further pressure them.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Loony BoB said:
I'd like to state from a Colts selector perspective that those Colts good enough to be considered for an U-19 international side would easily get into the Colts first team.
Which shows exactly why these games are meaningless.

bryce

International Regular
I would like to rule myself out of the under 19 tour. My interests are and will continue to be with CW Green, and of course the CWXI. I feel playing domestic cricket gives me a better chance to achieve my goal of becoming a permanent fixture in both the Test and One-Day International side. I would like to thank the under 19 selectors for considering me in their selections and will uphold any future selection should it not clash with any subsequent CWXI, CW Green or CW 'A' matches or tours.

Last edited:

new_age_ar

First Class Debutant
I would lile to say that im differently going to play for the Under 19, i think it is a joke that our captain are even asking asking not to represent our country just cus they want us to play domestic games. It is an absolute disgrace.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm in full agreement with Thamba. I'd love to be playing for CW Red right now, but I'm representing the CW XI, and that comes first.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Loony BoB said:
I strongly urge ALL U-19 players, even those not currently selected, to state whether they would be happy to be in contention for a position on U-19 tours, stating specifically whether or not they would be happy to participate in on-season U-19 tours and whether or not they would be happy to participate in off-season U-19 tours.
I'd be happy to play for U19s whenever....

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
I am following the lead set by Bryce Cunningham and am ruling myself out of the u19's tour of New Zealand. I would like to show my full support to captain Dave Watt and the squad at CW Red and catch the first plane back to CWLand. I apologise for the inconvenience and wish my replacement the best of luck.

Obviously I would like to be playing the best standard of cricket possible and I believe that means making myself available for the Dev League match tomorrow. I wish Rob and Thamba the best of luck and now wish to state my intentions of keeping wicket for the Steddingham Jets in his absence. Good luck for the rest of the tour.

Bobisback

International Regular
I would like to ask why, i mean you have the privilage to play for the U/ 19's team, why would you step down? Sure its great you want to see Red's get up, but still representing your country should be what you're aiming for, maybe if you go well in this series you might get a birth in the CWXI.

But who am i to say who is right and who is wrong, i havent even played a Dev game :laugh: