• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NZ domestic season 2023/24

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
Dominating display from ND, courtesy of Carter, Hampton & Fisher.

Keep going, boys. Make up for that terrible SS season by getting the FT.

Ghost75

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Love seeing the Rangatahi tournament at Cornwall Park on their number 3 ground, which basically has a 30m boundary at 'long on' by the hospital. Two Aotearoa players scoring retired hundreds off 30-odd balls.

Same ground that Lord Colin de scored a double hundred and Donovan Grobbelaar scored a ton on in a 50-over national championship game (from about 40-4) and Trent Boult was batsman of the tournament for most runs in the same tournament (different year)
Guessing the Nash in the Pasifika team is the son of Dion and Bernice Mene.

RMBolton

U19 12th Man
Probably something as dull as visa issues.
It might be, but come on. The dude got picked up in the draft, which was how many months ago? He's had way more time to sort out visas than Bruce.

I legit didn't expect him to be in the Canterbury squad.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
I don't mind a couple of rounds of Ford Trophy (after the SS) to work the 4-over-max patheticness out of the bowlers soft bodies.

Don't like the 'block', though.

Not much chance for these guys to earn a way into the test squad before a test series actually bloody starts.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
what does CW think of O'Rourke now?
I reckon he'll go good in test cricket, would be his best format. I like how consistently threatening his stock ball looks to be.

He's only one or one half season removed from being provincial 3rd seamer, so I reckon he's quite rounded. Not new-ball reliant.

He'll suffer from Jamieson comparisons, though. He's not as tall, not as accurate, nor have the extreme swing that Jamieson can get. He is quicker, though.

jcas0167

International Debutant
lol, after posting this. It looks like Canterbury v Otago will be abandoned after the opening bowlers have bowled exactly 4 overs each ....
Surprised Jamal Todd can't make this side. Hopefully he's not off in some T20 league.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
van Beek is such a strange player. He's capable of these massive highs and incredible lows but rarely just has a solid, decent game.

EDIT: Two full bungers being hit for six by van Beek off Ajaz is pretty weak bowling.

Also, bizarre how they're managing to get a game in at the Basin. We've had some pretty heavy squally showers out in the Hutt - and the wind's a shocker today too.