• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ntini pulls the plug

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Makaya Ntini, the first and best black cricketer for South Africa, retired from international cricket.

Tributes etc etc

kingkallis

International Coach
SAD!

Wanted him to take 400 wickets in tests.

A fantastic athlete I must say. I dont remember if Ntini missed a tour or series due to injury.

Chris.14

Cricket Spectator
A bit sad to hear that. Ntini's always been one of my favourite South Africans. Good luck to him in whatever he does next.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
Good bowler, not great, mighty fine job he did. It was also a great effort to get his career back on track after the rape court case mess. Like many did at the time I thought he was goooone. But came back after the 99 WC and rebuilt his career.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Very very good bowler for a long long time, and of course one of those players who has a significance beyond just what he did on the field. Possibly underrated somewhat when you look at what he's done.

Uppercut

Very very good bowler for a long long time, and of course one of those players who has a significance beyond just what he did on the field. Possibly underrated somewhat when you look at what he's done.
Yep!

Every test side would have loved to have an Ntini.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Best bloke. Chatted to him when he was down in Australia a few times, such a great guy.

His best moment of his career:

Lee to Ntini, 1 run, good line and length delivery, Ntini pushes it off the back foot down to third man, as cool as a cucumber!! Scores tie

_Ed_

Up in my top three favourite South African players in the time I've been watching cricket, along with Pollock and Donald. Loved watching the guy tirelessly charge in to the bowling crease.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Was awesome with the crowd in the game where Sehwag hit 319. Kept interacting with the stand where I was sitting. Was such a morale boosting team player for Csk in the 1st edition of the IPL too.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
Sad to see a bloody good player retire from the international formats. Ntini always had a smile on his face and always enjoyed the game, one of the real good guys in cricket. He bowled some of the most threatening spells of fast bowling in the last decade as well.