• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL 2014 Tipping Thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Ennis has been absolutely terrible this year. He's not an advantage over anyone at present.

Sam Burgess will definitely help out the Souths props too - in the modern game you have to look at more as a middle third with the lock included rather than just a prop rotation. George Burgess will be a big out, but Te'o doesn't really help with the go-forward anyway; he's an edge strike weapon.

I've really not been as impressed with Canterbury as everyone else this year, but it's a coin flip of a game IMO. Tipped Souths purely because I'd be more angry with myself having getting it wrong tipping Canterbury as a Canterbury sceptic than getting it wrong tipping against them.
Apologies for talking about this in the tipping comp btw, (mods, move to the NRL forum if anyone gets annoyed) but yes, that's kind of my point. Its a coin flip game but most of us are picking Souths and the betting sites have Souths comfortably enough ahead. I realize that Sam Burgess will help the go forward at Souths, but in the modern game, the bench options need to be capable of making metres too and I see it as a weakness with the lineup Souths have named. Looking forward to the match :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Apologies for talking about this in the tipping comp btw, (mods, move to the NRL forum if anyone gets annoyed) but yes, that's kind of my point. Its a coin flip game but most of us are picking Souths and the betting sites have Souths comfortably enough ahead. I realize that Sam Burgess will help the go forward at Souths, but in the modern game, the bench options need to be capable of making metres too and I see it as a weakness with the lineup Souths have named. Looking forward to the match :)
You're talking about people's tips so it's fine IMO.

I do see what you're saying; just thought I'd explain why I tipped Souffs as everyone else was. It's a real 50/50 game and for only the second time this year I actually think Canterbury are good value with the bookies this week - ironically enough the first time I thought that they lost though :laugh:

dermo

International Vice-Captain
ill have to watch it a few more times but from what i saw the manly player didnt change his line, perhaps it was just a bad read?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 7

Nufan 6
Kyle 6
Coronis 5
Dermo 4
Brumby 4
Howard 4
Morgieb 4
Burgey 4
Johnners 4
PEWS 3
Ausage 3
Uv 2

A bit more of a spread of points this week. Nufan backed up his words with correct tips Kyle's early slump seems a distant memory, with both scoring their second round wins for the year. The news was not so good for Uv, who managed the worst result of the round even with his Tigers getting up over the stirring juggernaut.

Overall

Nufan 32.2
Dermo 31.3
Brumby 30.3
Howard 28
Kyle 27.2
Coronis 27
Morgieb 26
Uv 26.3
Burgey 25
PEWS 24.1
Ausage 24
Johnners 23.1

A new leader is crowned, as Nufan hauls himself into pole position with Dermo and Brumby close behind. Kyle is another big mover, surging up from 8th to 5th. At the other end Johnners inches closer to the pack as quietly, yet steadily, a new challenger approaches the spoon.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Round 8

Friday 25 April
Dragons v Roosters
Storm v Warriors
Broncos v Rabbitohs

Saturday 26 April
Sharks v Panthers
Cowboys v Eels
Bulldogs v Knights

Sunday 27 April