• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NRL 2014 Tipping Thread

dermo

International Vice-Captain
Friday 18 April
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Knights v Broncos
Sea Eagles v Cowboys

Saturday 19 April
Dragons v Warriors
Sharks v Roosters

Sunday 20 April
Raiders v Storm

Monday 21 April
Eels v Tigers
Panthers v Titans

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Friday 18 April
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Knights v Broncos
Sea Eagles v Cowboys

Saturday 19 April
Dragons v Warriors
Sharks v Roosters

Sunday 20 April
Raiders v Storm

Monday 21 April
Eels v Tigers
Panthers v Titans

Burgey

Round 7

Friday 18 April
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Knights v Broncos
Sea Eagles v Cowboys

Saturday 19 April
Dragons v Warriors
Sharks v Roosters

Sunday 20 April
Raiders v Storm

Monday 21 April
Eels v Tigers
Panthers v Titans​

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Friday 18 April
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Knights v Broncos
Sea Eagles v Cowboys

Saturday 19 April
Dragons v Warriors
Sharks v Roosters

Sunday 20 April
Raiders v Storm

Monday 21 April
Eels v Tigers
Panthers v Titans

Lolnasta being back for the Tigers the main reason for picking the Eels.

howardj

International Coach
Round 7

Friday 18 April
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Knights v Broncos
Sea Eagles v Cowboys

Saturday 19 April
Dragons v Warriors
Sharks v Roosters

[/B]Sunday 20 April
Raiders v Storm

Monday 21 April
Eels v Tigers
Panthers v Titans

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Round 7

Friday 18 April
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Knights v Broncos
Sea Eagles v Cowboys

Saturday 19 April
Dragons v Warriors
Sharks v Roosters

Sunday 20 April
Raiders v Storm

Monday 21 April
Eels v Tigers
Panthers v Titans

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Friday 18 April
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Knights v Broncos
Sea Eagles v Cowboys

Saturday 19 April
Dragons v Warriors
Sharks v Roosters

Sunday 20 April
Raiders v Storm

Monday 21 April
Eels v Tigers
Panthers v Titans

Why are Souths such a popular choice today? Dogs have the form halves in the comp and the Bunnies are missing GBurgess and Teo. Of course with this years tipping comp anyone can win, just surprised that the majority are going Souths.

morgieb

Friday 18 April
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Knights v Broncos
Sea Eagles v Cowboys

Saturday 19 April
Dragons v Warriors
Sharks v Roosters

Sunday 20 April
Raiders v Storm

Monday 21 April
Eels v Tigers
Panthers v Titans

Why are Souths such a popular choice today? Dogs have the form halves in the comp and the Bunnies are missing GBurgess and Teo. Of course with this years tipping comp anyone can win, just surprised that the majority are going Souths.
Not convinced about the Dogs, for mine. Though tbf, my tips were before I remembered Gurgess and Te'o were out.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Friday 18 April
Rabbitohs v Bulldogs
Knights v Broncos
Sea Eagles v Cowboys

Saturday 19 April
Dragons v Warriors
Sharks v Roosters

Sunday 20 April
Raiders v Storm

Monday 21 April
Eels v Tigers
Panthers v Titans

dermo

souths have been defending very well recently and the dogs have one of the ****test backlines in the comp, the back 3 is deadset nsw cup standard. if souths forwards match the dogs forwards, which they should, i cant see the dogs scoring enough points

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Not convinced about the Dogs, for mine. Though tbf, my tips were before I remembered Gurgess and Te'o were out.
Fair enough. The Dogs might be running on empty with a short turnaround from the match in NZ and having played in Perth recently too. I just look at the 8 to 11 on the Souths team sheet and compare it to the Bulldogs one and think Souths will struggle to make enough go forward unless Sam Burgess has a massive game (which he very well could).

Agree: Souths back 3 has a big edge, but Tolman Ennis Graham ****s all over the NSW Cup standard Tyrell Koroisau and Lurgess.

Last edited:

dermo

tbh i wrote that last post having not checked the souths line up, didnt realise just how many forwards they are missing

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Fair enough. The Dogs might be running on empty with a short turnaround from the match in NZ and having played in Perth recently too. I just look at the 8 to 11 on the Souths team sheet and compare it to the Bulldogs one and think Souths will struggle to make enough go forward unless Sam Burgess has a massive game (which he very well could).

Agree: Souths back 3 has a big edge, but Tolman Ennis Graham ****s all over the NSW Cup standard Tyrell Koroisau and Lurgess.
Ennis has been absolutely terrible this year. He's not an advantage over anyone at present.

Sam Burgess will definitely help out the Souths props too - in the modern game you have to look at more as a middle third with the lock included rather than just a prop rotation. George Burgess will be a big out, but Te'o doesn't really help with the go-forward anyway; he's an edge strike weapon.

I've really not been as impressed with Canterbury as everyone else this year, but it's a coin flip of a game IMO. Tipped Souths purely because I'd be more angry with myself having getting it wrong tipping Canterbury as a Canterbury sceptic than getting it wrong tipping against them.