• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Not getting the horn...

G.I.Joe

International Coach
TBH, its the Africans themselves wanting to be lumped together with all the pre world cup talk of doing it for Africa, making Africa proud, the African World Cup etc etc.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
TBH, its the Africans themselves wanting to be lumped together with all the pre world cup talk of doing it for Africa, making Africa proud, the African World Cup etc etc.
Indeed. Every African nation going out means less vuvuzela noise because they support each other. Plus they all generally play poor, negative and unattractive football.

cpr

International Coach
Getting worse imo because the entire crowd sounds like they're trying to co-ordinate it, as opposed to just each one of them blowing randomly.

Makes it better for me, actually trying a tune!

Better than Englands ****ing trumpeter anyway

Sir Alex

Banned
I think they have rejigged mics or those guys got tired of peepeeing all the time. I can hear crowd cheering better now.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Some guy worked out that you could selectively drown out the vuvuzela sounds to a great extent by completely turning down the 300 kHz setting on the audio equalizer, cause that's the frequency they operate at. I guess thats what the TV stations themselves are doing.

Craig

World Traveller
So if the vuvuzela is a traditionally African thing, what is with the massive over sized glasses that I see people in the crowd wear? An Elton John Appreciation Society?

Langeveldt

Soutie
Why is everyone here assuming that the morons blowing this "made in china" (I don't know what is South African about it) product are South African? By far the most "vuvus per person" have been amongst the Portugese fans.. I've heard about six in the crowd even in the England v Australia cricket..

Its simply people who want to sit and watch a game in peace, versus people who don't care if there are people who want to sit down and watch a game in peace..

Its been a massive stain on the world cup, obviously, but I'll take that because pretty much everything has been run very nicely.. (apart from the refereeing but thats not our fault)

Last edited:

Langeveldt

Soutie
This.. I have no idea what South Africa has to do with Ghana.. Can you imagine the English fans being told to cheer for Germany now because they are "doing it for Europe"?

What a load of ****

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This.. I have no idea what South Africa has to do with Ghana.. Can you imagine the English fans being told to cheer for Germany now because they are "doing it for Europe"?

What a load of ****
You denying there isn't a kinship among Africans though? Because that's being naive.

You can't claim the same with Europe. Especially England and Germany.

It's similar with Asia too. Plenty of my mates from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia were hoping South Korea did really well.

When I lived in Singapore in 2002 the whole nation was behind South Korea.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
You denying there isn't a kinship among Africans though? Because that's being naive.

It's similar with Asia too. Plenty of my mates from Singapore, Malaysia and Indonesia were hoping South Korea did really well.

All 3 square metres of it? :ph34r:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!

heh, could just have seen OZ fans getting behind NZ if they got any further in the tournament. They're the 'nice' Aussies. :ph34r: