• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

No longer 100%

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
bryce said:
i won't get over it just because you said to, i've got my own policies on forfeits as do you and i am not willing to accept one especially when i feel there were other factors beyond my control contributing to me missing the deadline
What other factors are there?

If you miss it, it's your fault, and your fault only.

To come on here and attack someone who has done so much for the game is very very poor.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Here's an option for you...

GET STUFFED!!!!

Hows that one??

Am i here to service your needs... HELL NO!!! Unless your prepared to start paying then i will have games run by a certain time...

Im just about jack of this crap!!!

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
No, it's a case of him giving up his own time to run this, so it should fit in round his life.
Marc, why do you have to completely ignore the rest of the post and simply single out that bit? Whereby I was saying he might have a point, but he's still definitely wrong. Besides underneath I said Blewy does alot of work in it anyway. Just really annoys me when people completely ignore the context of the post to try and single out some point that can be used as an argument! 8-)

Cloete

International Captain
Blewy said:

GET STUFFED!!!!

Hows that one??

Am i here to service your needs... HELL NO!!! Unless your prepared to start paying then i will have games run by a certain time...

Well that's not very nice Blewy :p! But yeah obviously you're right, it's the managers responsibilty to get his team in. And at the end of the day you're doing this for free for the sake of all the managers. At the least he could be grateful of that!

Cloete

International Captain
marc71178 said:
And what if I was reiterating the point you were making?
It didn't seem like that, that's all. But if you were... Then I'd be seriously mistaken ;)

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Blewy said:

GET STUFFED!!!!

Hows that one??

LOL!!! :D :D :D Great stuff

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
I think both parties are taking this out a bit too strongly.. Bryce i understand where you are coming from.. But then again Blewy does have a normal life to run.. and his real life (Family, work, friends etc..) is a priority before everything else.. But i think to help ease out on blewy he should distribute the divisions among the board members.. and they could sim a division.. i think that would be extremely quick and we could get results in less than 2 days..
Has this idea been sought before? I mean i dont understand any real clashes that take place with this?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Reub, we tried that a few seasons back but people then complained that their division was a day later then another division....

No win situation im afraid...

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
whats his problem with you blewy? not running the games the same time every week and having double standards?

he din't submit his team, something that, AFAIK you have missed once and you took a forfiet for.

there would only be double standards here is you didn't submit your team and than gave yourself points.

ash chaulk

International Captain
fair call blewy everyones got to submit here team same time every week doesnt matter if the games being played 1 or 4 days later rules is rules

Jamee999

Hall of Fame Member
I have a thought.

It seems obvious that Blewy can't sim the games at a certain time every week.

But what If you said that you'd sim them by a time (Eg. Midday Monday) every week.

While, you woudn't HAVE to be around at a certain time, you have the whole weekend to sim and e-mail.

It (IMO) provides a balence between, the full on approach, of Bryce, and the current approach, which is having all the matches slip.

Any thoughts?

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
It is only on the rare occassion that i cannot have the results out by Sunday Nights..

Mr cry baby here is only trying to find excuses because he forgot to submit his side...

Bryce said:
I have an automated mindset with WCC whereby i ponder over 3-4 days after the latest rounds match is complete about my team make-up for the next round, then i decide to post my team
superkingdave said:
so thats why in OD round 3 you posted your team on the Saturday, the day the thread opened?
This shows that he does not do as he says... Its all a excuse becuase he cant face the fact that he stuffed up...

Two other guys failed to submit this round, at least one of them has had the guts to stand up and say they stuffed up...

Stupid thing is he had the hide to accuse me of being against him, and then even worse tried to bride myself and the board to allow him back in...

HAHAHAHA

What sleep do i lose over him not being here.....

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I thought you get three warnings before you get sacked??

Has this changed and you get no warnings and get sacked if you miss a deadline.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
chaminda_00 said:
I thought you get three warnings before you get sacked??

Has this changed and you get no warnings and get sacked if you miss a deadline.
NO, You still get your 3 warnings.

However when you attack a board member like this, accuse me of double standards, then try and bribe and threaten the board to change their decision.. YOU GET THE SACK!!!

Mr. P

Blewy said:
NO, You still get your 3 warnings.

However when you attack a board member like this, accuse me of double standards, then try and bribe and threaten the board to change their decision.. YOU GET THE SACK!!!
I love how subtle you made it there... :p :D

By the way Blewy good stuff I agree with how you are going about this...

Mr. P

Btw, is this the first manager ever to be sacked? (Aside from non-submissions obviously)

Slats4ever

not only has this guy been sacked he's now public enemy number 1 for a lot of WCC player. If it means anything Blewy the work you do in here doesn't go unnoticed man. You're an absolute saint, and to provide your time like this reflects on you as a person. The fact that year after year, without fail Blewy has put his heart into his creation deserves more praise, and it's praise that he doesn't get. Then to cop **** like this from a fly that doesn't even deserve to smell the stinkiest dog ****, just isn't on...

Keep up the work blewy... It's greatly appreciated by many...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Blewy said:
And right and proper too - I think you have the support of all the board and other members of the game on this.