• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I haven't heard Colt's name in a while. How's he doing now?
He’s played the last 3 games for us as backup QB and perfectly executed run-heavy quick-release game plans for comfortable wins at the 49ers and Seahawks.

In between he had a complete disaster against Carolina, but going 2-1 without Kyler or Hopkins is huge. Last season we were *completely* dependent on those two carrying the team.

Number 11

State 12th Man
We just keep winning games we have no business winning. Broke a 0-52 streak of teams losing with 4 or more picks.

As an aside: is there anything worse than the Patriots being good again?

SillyCowCorner1

We just keep winning games we have no business winning. Broke a 0-52 streak of teams losing with 4 or more picks.

As an aside: is there anything worse than the Patriots being good again?
The good structure over in New England...but Mack Daddy is utilized to the fullest. The same thing happened when Jimmy G had his opportunities to play for the Pats.

Shady Slim

International Coach
big nothingburger from my lot this week to lose the season series to cincy for the first time since i think aught-nine

very easy to toss blame on ben for this which is the trend but this was a whole team nothingburger, the defense didn't show at all either

Uppercut

big nothingburger from my lot this week to lose the season series to cincy for the first time since i think aught-nine

very easy to toss blame on ben for this which is the trend but this was a whole team nothingburger, the defense didn't show at all either
Was the defense still missing a few players?

Ben is pretty clearly the problem imo. The rest of the team isn’t perfect but their record is about as good as you can reasonably expect with a QB as bad as he’s been.

Who you hoping for at QB next year?

Shady Slim

International Coach
Was the defense still missing a few players?

Ben is pretty clearly the problem imo. The rest of the team isn’t perfect but their record is about as good as you can reasonably expect with a QB as bad as he’s been.

Who you hoping for at QB next year?
joe haden was out but other than that we were pretty close to full strength (tuitt out the whole year so he's still sidelined too)

look i'm not saying ben was good but for yesterday's game in particular the defense surrendered touchdowns on cincy's first three drives which you just can't do, unless you've got kyler or patty m under center for your team

tbh

rudolph sucks, you roll with him you might as well roll with ben again, haskins is a question mark - they won't have a high enough pick in the draft to go for a qb but even if they did i wouldn't advise it, because ben or not the one big thing holding back this offense is the oline, too, which is just... bad! they've had some good games - the one against the pack as an example, but by and large they've been ass. their fold against the chargers was just heartbreaking to watch lol, especially given not too long ago we had one of the best olines in the team

so frankly i wouldn't care if they brought ben through for one more year if he wants to play; or, if not, haskins or a vet tbh

Number 11

State 12th Man
The good structure over in New England...but Mack Daddy is utilized to the fullest. The same thing happened when Jimmy G had his opportunities to play for the Pats.
No doubt the situation and system is helping him immensely. None of the other rookie QB's has nearly as much team help or the quality of coaching. I still have hope for most of them Lawrence, Fields etc. even though they've looked pretty terrible. Never saw the hype on Zach Wilson tho, he flew up boards based on one college season dominating against mediocre opponents. Classic Jets drafting a scrub while Pats get a much better player later in the draft.

It’s not ideal but I like Belichick a lot more than Brady so I don’t hate it as much as I hate the Bucs being good.
I'm the biggest Brady hater around but if anything I've softened up on him slightly now he's on the Bucs. Guy is 44 years old dominating on a new team crowning them immediately after 12 years out of the playoffs. He's past just being the GOAT to another level with guys like Bradman and Jordan that even if you hate him you have to respect him.

joe haden was out but other than that we were pretty close to full strength (tuitt out the whole year so he's still sidelined too)

look i'm not saying ben was good but for yesterday's game in particular the defense surrendered touchdowns on cincy's first three drives which you just can't do, unless you've got kyler or patty m under center for your team

tbh

rudolph sucks, you roll with him you might as well roll with ben again, haskins is a question mark - they won't have a high enough pick in the draft to go for a qb but even if they did i wouldn't advise it, because ben or not the one big thing holding back this offense is the oline, too, which is just... bad! they've had some good games - the one against the pack as an example, but by and large they've been ass. their fold against the chargers was just heartbreaking to watch lol, especially given not too long ago we had one of the best olines in the team

so frankly i wouldn't care if they brought ben through for one more year if he wants to play; or, if not, haskins or a vet tbh
I watch a fair amount of Steelers games being an AFC North fan and while the defense hasn't performed in the last 2 games I still think the main issue is offensive. Forget about Rudolph and Haskins they are clearly a downgrade but Ben just ain't it anymore. It's not even that he's that bad rather having him at QB limits the offence a lot. He looks straight up geriatric out there and is probably the least mobile QB in the entire league. Even Brady broke off an 11 yd 1st down run the other day which Ben would be straight up incapable of. He can't maneuver effectively against pressure which forces a shorter passing game. Which would be fine if their running game was better at converting but they changed up their running scheme this year and its been a mixed bag. They had the same problems last year IMO but it was masked by their incredibly jammy 11-0 start.

Uppercut

No doubt the situation and system is helping him immensely. None of the other rookie QB's has nearly as much team help or the quality of coaching. I still have hope for most of them Lawrence, Fields etc. even though they've looked pretty terrible. Never saw the hype on Zach Wilson tho, he flew up boards based on one college season dominating against mediocre opponents. Classic Jets drafting a scrub while Pats get a much better player later in the draft.
Wilson has been absolutely terrible. Nobody wants to criticise a rookie QB, especially not when they're on a bad team, but he's not making it easy.

Lawrence and Fields have been worse than expected but not by so much that you'd think about writing them off. The signs aren't great for Trey Lance either - when he played he was hopeless at passing and good at running, but when he ran the ball a few times he immediately got injured. He is in a good place though.

I'm the biggest Brady hater around but if anything I've softened up on him slightly now he's on the Bucs. Guy is 44 years old dominating on a new team crowning them immediately after 12 years out of the playoffs. He's past just being the GOAT to another level with guys like Bradman and Jordan that even if you hate him you have to respect him.
He's just a creep. I'm used to elite sportspeople being self-obsessed or intense or full-on heels, but his creepiness gets under my skin.

Also doesn't help that he's constantly marketing crypto scams, which rubs up a bit against my day job.

Shady Slim

International Coach
I watch a fair amount of Steelers games being an AFC North fan and while the defense hasn't performed in the last 2 games I still think the main issue is offensive. Forget about Rudolph and Haskins they are clearly a downgrade but Ben just ain't it anymore. It's not even that he's that bad rather having him at QB limits the offence a lot. He looks straight up geriatric out there and is probably the least mobile QB in the entire league. Even Brady broke off an 11 yd 1st down run the other day which Ben would be straight up incapable of. He can't maneuver effectively against pressure which forces a shorter passing game. Which would be fine if their running game was better at converting but they changed up their running scheme this year and its been a mixed bag. They had the same problems last year IMO but it was masked by their incredibly jammy 11-0 start.
oh i can’t disagree with any of that, but he’s still the best quarterback on the roster by a marathon, and imho with the state of the oline we could have kyler back there and he’d be getting monstered; and it would be a waste to go qb next year in the draft while the oline’s in such a bad state. we need some maulers in the trenches, which, when we do ultimately get a new qb will be a rookie’s best friend for their growth

Number 11

State 12th Man
Pretty much the same strat as the Pats recently. Have a down season for a year while you build up the rest of your team to help a rookie QB. The upcoming draft looks light on quality QB prospects anyway. Wonder if Roethlisberger goes around again next season, he has to be odds on to retire.

Number 11

State 12th Man
Wilson has been absolutely terrible. Nobody wants to criticise a rookie QB, especially not when they're on a bad team, but he's not making it easy.

Lawrence and Fields have been worse than expected but not by so much that you'd think about writing them off. The signs aren't great for Trey Lance either - when he played he was hopeless at passing and good at running, but when he ran the ball a few times he immediately got injured. He is in a good place though.

He's just a creep. I'm used to elite sportspeople being self-obsessed or intense or full-on heels, but his creepiness gets under my skin.

Also doesn't help that he's constantly marketing crypto scams, which rubs up a bit against my day job.
Yeah Lance looked bad but at least he's got rushing ability and good coaching. Still another player that was drafted based on 1 good season playing against mediocre teams.

Brady has a NFT company or something right? Definitely cringe

SillyCowCorner1

Baltimore shooting themselves in the foot at the end here.
An easy play dropped ball with him being just inches away from the endzone and the lead.

Pittsburgh with an escape win.

Number 11

State 12th Man
Haha I just watched a game between 2 complete non-contenders. Neither side really deserved it but can't begrudge the Steelers as they were clearly on the rough side flags that game. Lamar played like ass with minimal help in pass protection but hit that wide open 2 yard throw and we still woulda had it. He's had the yips vs the blitz in recent games there will be plenty more of it coming this season.

The balls on Harbaugh to go for it tho...what a man

Uppercut

Funny how often teams shut down opponents all game with an aggressive scheme, go up a score with 1:30 left, then switch to something soft and give up a 90 yard touchdown.

Yesterday might have been the best Sunday of games so far. Great finish to the Ravens game, the Lions win was great to see and 49ers Seahawks was one of the games of the season. Though obviously the highlight for me was seeing Murray and Hopkins back in an easy win.

Shady Slim

International Coach
Haha I just watched a game between 2 complete non-contenders. Neither side really deserved it but can't begrudge the Steelers as they were clearly on the rough side flags that game. Lamar played like ass with minimal help in pass protection but hit that wide open 2 yard throw and we still woulda had it. He's had the yips vs the blitz in recent games there will be plenty more of it coming this season.

The balls on Harbaugh to go for it tho...what a man
you've got to go for it in those situations, there's way too many fans who think they don't like the call when really they don't like the outcome lol

DPOTY TJ is just a game wrecker though what a star

Number 11

State 12th Man
The takes from most casual fans on going for it are moronic. It was the right decision and tbh the right play call. Watt is a one man army that almost single handedly won that game for the Steelers. And that is ignoring the fact he was the sole reason that 2pt conversion was unsuccessful.

Patriots winning yesterday with 3 pass attempts...

Uppercut

Yeah I’d have expected going for it to be more common. The win chances are very similar so why wouldn’t you try to avoid overtime in week 13 with half your roster already injured?

OTOH I’m not sure it was the right play call. The consensus seems to be that because it almost worked it was a good call, but that's just a slightly different flavour of results-oriented thinking. I know nothing about their playbook but with one of the best running QBs around I struggle to believe that their percentage option for gaining 2 yards is having an off-form Lamar try to pass through TJ Watt.