• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

NFL / NCAA Football

Shady Slim

International Coach
Jordan Love looks absolutely clueless in his NFL debut. Time for the Packers to bring in Bortles.
hoped with all my nfl juju that love would do to rodgers what rodgers did to farve in light of recent development but it's not looking great after one start!!

incidentally watching the chiefs play there's a not-unserious chance the steelers may be the third best team in the afc rn, and we have looked absolutely dog**** at times lol

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah I assumed the Chiefs would eventually get it together but they just look worse every week. Their run-in isn't as easy as I thought it was either. They could easily miss the playoffs.

Rodgers missing a key game because he got homeopathy instead of the vaccine is just hilarious. Almost as hilarious as smashing the 49ers with a reserve team.

Number 11

State 12th Man
Way too early to write off Love given he is essentially a rookie with 1 career start. Might get another chance this season with some of the insane stuff Rodgers has been spouting in recent weeks.

Steelers still a very flawed team IMO but AFC is wide open with 12 "good" teams fighting for the 7 spots. Down year for KC and their upcoming schedule is brutal. Mahomes cap hit goes from $7.5 to $38 million next season.

Uppercut

Way too early to write off Love given he is essentially a rookie with 1 career start. Might get another chance this season with some of the insane stuff Rodgers has been spouting in recent weeks.

Steelers still a very flawed team IMO but AFC is wide open with 12 "good" teams fighting for the 7 spots. Down year for KC and their upcoming schedule is brutal. Mahomes cap hit goes from $7.5 to $38 million next season.
I still feel like it would be a massive shock if KC don't make the playoffs. Sitting with a winning record despite playing about as badly as this set of players could possibly play. But then every time I think that they play the next game even worse.

Who do you support?

Number 11

State 12th Man
I still feel like it would be a massive shock if KC don't make the playoffs. Sitting with a winning record despite playing about as badly as this set of players could possibly play. But then every time I think that they play the next game even worse.

Who do you support?
Should be close with how bunched the conference is especially in the AFC West. Mahomes straight up has to play better. Their defence is bad but he's getting enough help on offence to produce more.

I'm a Ravens fan for about 10 years now. Just about our worst offensive performance in the Jackson era losing to Miami. We're a very average team with all the injuries that is over performing at 6 wins.

Uppercut

Should be close with how bunched the conference is especially in the AFC West. Mahomes straight up has to play better. Their defence is bad but he's getting enough help on offence to produce more.

I'm a Ravens fan for about 10 years now. Just about our worst offensive performance in the Jackson era losing to Miami. We're a very average team with all the injuries that is over performing at 6 wins.
Yeah Ravens have had a lot of close wins over average teams and I never really buy the ‘knowing how to win’ stuff. Always felt like they’d lose a few at some stage. But I still thought they’d crush the Dolphins.

Number 11

State 12th Man
Yeah Ravens have had a lot of close wins over average teams and I never really buy the ‘knowing how to win’ stuff. Always felt like they’d lose a few at some stage. But I still thought they’d crush the Dolphins.
Lamar is so unique not just with his crazy ability but passively making everyone else's job easier on offence. Don't think that there's anyone close to him when it comes to elevating other players. When he has a poor game like vs Dolphins we aren't just bad but painful to watch. Although I don't think anything compares to the Steelers v Lions game in that regard...

Mahomes shutting us up and Chiefs back top of the div. Kyler being out finally caught up with the Cards.

Uppercut

Lamar is so unique not just with his crazy ability but passively making everyone else's job easier on offence. Don't think that there's anyone close to him when it comes to elevating other players. When he has a poor game like vs Dolphins we aren't just bad but painful to watch. Although I don't think anything compares to the Steelers v Lions game in that regard...

Mahomes shutting us up and Chiefs back top of the div. Kyler being out finally caught up with the Cards.
Lamar looks less mobile this season. Pretty sure he'd have escaped some of those blitzes a year ago.

Cards game would have been more competitive if it was actual panthers against actual cardinals. But I'd definitely have taken 1-1 in the games without Murray and Hopkins, and beating the 49ers is more important/fun than beating the Panthers.

Shady Slim

International Coach

the steelers and detroit game was good bad football, the packers and hawks game was bad bad football, there is a difference imho

and i'm a steelers fan so that game was real dire from my point of view too - though with all the troops we've had out i'm happy to escape with the tie even!!

Uppercut

the steelers and detroit game was good bad football, the packers and hawks game was bad bad football, there is a difference imho

and i'm a steelers fan so that game was real dire from my point of view too - though with all the troops we've had out i'm happy to escape with the tie even!!
Packers hawks was a bad game but Russell Wilson putting up zero points after massively hyping his return is funny enough to salvage it. Hopefully they stay ****. We have them on Sunday.

Lions Steelers was the harder one to watch. Jared Goff is so depressing. He's like if Gil from the Simpsons was a QB.

Number 11

State 12th Man
Lamar looks less mobile this season. Pretty sure he'd have escaped some of those blitzes a year ago.

Cards game would have been more competitive if it was actual panthers against actual cardinals. But I'd definitely have taken 1-1 in the games without Murray and Hopkins, and beating the 49ers is more important/fun than beating the Panthers.
I have no actual proof of this but I'm convinced Lamar has been carrying an injury since early season, like week 2/3 or so. He's lacked explosiveness the last few months and hasn't torn off a big run since then.

I mean I got enjoyment out of seeing the Steelers ineptitude and yeah it was a close game through 4 quarters and overtime. That's just about all you can say for it though, repeated sequences of each team refusing to win the game. Goff's performances from the Rams to the Lions shows how important coaching and supporting cast are. He is absolutely putrid, had 15ish yards passing midway through the 3rd quarter.

Uppercut

I have no actual proof of this but I'm convinced Lamar has been carrying an injury since early season, like week 2/3 or so. He's lacked explosiveness the last few months and hasn't torn off a big run since then.

I mean I got enjoyment out of seeing the Steelers ineptitude and yeah it was a close game through 4 quarters and overtime. That's just about all you can say for it though, repeated sequences of each team refusing to win the game. Goff's performances from the Rams to the Lions shows how important coaching and supporting cast are. He is absolutely putrid, had 15ish yards passing midway through the 3rd quarter.
Yeah agree about Lamar. They won some games off his passing and it was widely reported as a tactical choice but I don’t really believe that now.

Having initially got properly into NFL because I was mesmerised by Kyler’s running, it’s disappointing to realise that running QBs aren’t very sustainable and the best ones are more or less just the most accurate passers.

SillyCowCorner1

How about dem Cowboys?

Mooooo ? ? :cowboy:

That was an utter offensive demolition by the Cowboys.

The Packers are still my team though.