• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand's squad for ICC Champions trophy

Meridio

International Regular
Anyone else played against any of our team?
Not in the test team, but I've played against a couple in the ODI/T20 squad.

Anyway, not much more on our selection that hasn't already been said. Diamanti, Hopkins and to a lesser extent Patel are just muppet selections. Don't know what McGlashan did wrong to find himself on the outer as backup ODI keeper.

Craig

World Traveller
Where's Scaly to rubbish all our inferior cricketers to those who play for Durham. Gordon Murchall > Ross Taylor.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I made my posts prior to the ill fated compaq cup. My expectations of the team have gone down accordingly.
Hope the boys can pleasantly surprise me in the CT trophy.

trapol

U19 12th Man
i know one things for certain
If NZ continue to bat at this rate then i will get my wish and Styris will be back in there quick smart

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
Grr, the selectors seriously need to stop their insistence on playing all the backups together in the warm-ups.
Really a team should look to use them so the 1st XI gets used to the conditions and match time behind them.
I don't mind Bond being rested, but it's embrassing losing to a domestic team who isn't even one of the top in their country and is devoid of their internationals.

Baz also needs to ease his bowler rotation policy :laugh:
Giving Broom and Guptill a trundle shows the faith the team puts in Diamanti's bowling, making his continued selection even more bizarre.

(For the first proper game) Ideally Broom would bat top 5, but the top 4 is basically locked in and Elliott is coming along OK @ 5.
So Broom shouldn't bat lower than 6, with Oram slotting in @ 7.

Hope they play our 1st XI next warm-up :happy:

Last edited:

Naumaan

First Class Debutant
for me teams don't take warm ups seriously, it's just for the whole team to get some practice on the pitches where tournament is going to be played

Polo23

International Debutant
Giving Broom and Guptill a trundle shows the faith the team puts in Diamanti's bowling, making his continued selection even more bizarre.
I thought it looked as though Diamanti injured himself. Got through something like 3.1 overs and then Broom finished off the rest of the over. No report of an injury yet though.

I'm guessing we'll play our first XI in the warmup against India tomorrow.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
I thought it looked as though Diamanti injured himself. Got through something like 3.1 overs and then Broom finished off the rest of the over. No report of an injury yet though.
Oh yep, good thinking :happy:
I would have thought that Elliott's bowling would be next in the pecking order though if they wanted to save the frontline bowler's overs.

Days of Grace

International Captain
I'm struggling to see the point of Butler being in the team a.t.m., esp. since he is expensive with the ball and will probably bat at number 9 or 10.

Replace him with Mills.

McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Elliott
Oram
Broom
Vettori
Mills
Tuffey/Patel
Bond

Just thinking that the order is a little top heavy, resembling Sri Lanka's. Knowing that Oram will inevitably fail, how do we have apart from Broom to hit sixes in the death overs? And Broom's rubbish anyway.:dry:

Athlai

Not Terrible
I'm struggling to see the point of Butler being in the team a.t.m., esp. since he is expensive with the ball and will probably bat at number 9 or 10.

Replace him with Mills.

McCullum
Ryder
Guptill
Taylor
Elliott
Oram
Broom
Vettori
Mills
Tuffey/Patel
Bond

Just thinking that the order is a little top heavy, resembling Sri Lanka's. Knowing that Oram will inevitably fail, how do we have apart from Broom to hit sixes in the death overs? And Broom's rubbish anyway.:dry:
If Broom manages to bring together some consistency then we should be okay. Oram is the weak link there, really appears to be struggling with the bat. His bowling has admittedly improved though.

DIRK-NANNES

U19 Vice-Captain
He got 4 wickets against the Warriors and only bowled 2 overs vs India.
I know he's been around the 5 RPO mark since his comeback, but he often takes crucial wickets.

And Broom's rubbish anyway.:dry:
I hope you're just poking fun at those poking fun :tongue:

They better move Broom back to 6 :wacko: