• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand in Pakistan

TheBrand

First Class Debutant
While I feel pretty bad for PCB and fans, I wish they would stop with the rhetoric of bringing up the mosque attack in Chch and their tour during Covid.

The mosque attack happened in Mar 2019, Bangladesh players were safely rushed out of the country and the 3rd Test was called off. "Pakistan were one of the first countries to tour after this attack." Blatantly not true, England, India, West Indies all toured NZ before Pakistan came in late 2020 during Covid - which they blatantly breached protocols while in quarantine while NZ was living in relative freedom.

You really gonna compare a one off attack by a non-NZer in a country which has a history of almost no terrorism to a country that has been rifled with it for years? Come on.

Really looking forward to the opening T20 WC game now though!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Cricinfo are being very naughty as well, citing COVID bubble fatigue as one of the reasons, which is not actually true at all.
They were very busy writing excuses ou tfor Rameez's first tweet on NZC as well. Like I said earlier, it makes you wonder if the bias that Dobell talked about was something else entirely.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Our resident 'everyone says the sky is blue, so I say it's green' opinion writer takes an inevitable angle. After the fact, mind you, this wasn't expressed before the tour.
The guy is an absolute turd. How brave of him to say other people should risk their life based on assessments made before the actual day. An absolute ****ing spud of the highest order.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well, apparently you would. And like Parker and Turner, I fear what could happen next. New Zealand are due to tour India in November and December. Who is to say that a rogue cell or an isolated lunatic won’t attempt payback. We pray otherwise, but actions have consequences, as America’s absurd involvement in all sorts of countries - including arming the Taliban during the eighties - have taught us only too well.

Unfortunately the leadership of New Zealand Cricket has now put us all at risk.
I've read some crap from this guy before but holy ****

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
The guy is an absolute turd. How brave of him to say other people should risk their life based on assessments made before the actual day. An absolute ****ing spud of the highest order.
Came here to say more or less this. Like fair enough if he wants to help Grumpy Glenn say "Told you so" to all the people he hates at the NZC. But the idea that NZ once there had to follow through no matter what is absurd. And as for his analogy to the English rugby team touring Ireland during the troubles, I'm pretty sure that if MI6 had caught wind of a specific threat targeted at the English team, they would've done the exact same thing as the NZC have.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
I think lot of people are confused about avoiding a circumstance with beforehand knowledge with getting caught up in the circumstance by chance. We know a car can easily crash in the roads but that does not mean we’ll avoid riding cars altogether but when we will know beforehand that there is a chance of catching up accident riding because there are some lunatics driving recklessly in the road then we need to avoid getting in the car for that situation.