• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Cricket Trivia - 'SJS format'

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Is it rather a humourous incident which ended up being a record ?.....NO

Was it regarding extras?......NO

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Two Australians and an Englishmen share this all time 'record'. Who are they and what's the 'record'?

1. Is it a Test record?.....Yes
  2. Are the record holders umpires?.....NO
  3. Did any of these individuals attain this record before 1940?......YES
  4. Did they all do it before 1940?......Yes
  5. does this mean that the holders would not be inclined to mention the achievement on their cricketing CV? .... The answer, I am afraid is Yes and No :)
  6. Did they set the record well apart from each other (like 10-12 years between the record) ?......NO
  7. Is it a batting record ?........NO
  8. Is it a bowling record?.....Yes
  9. Did they all do this in the same match?.......Yes
  10. Is it rather a humourous incident which ended up being a record ?.....NO
  11. Was it regarding extras?......NO

Hint No. 1 : When I said the answer was Yes and No in response to Q5, I meant the Australians may mention it in their CV but the Englishman probably wouldn't :)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Does it relate to the taking of wickets? ...... Yes, you could say that.

Bowling unchanged throughout the match?.....NO (you are moving away)

Is it a record because three of them did this thing in the same match? Thats tricky to answer with a yes or no

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Two Australians and an Englishmen share this all time 'record'. Who are they and what's the 'record'?

1. Is it a Test record?.....Yes
  2. Are the record holders umpires?.....NO
  3. Did any of these individuals attain this record before 1940?......YES
  4. Did they all do it before 1940?......Yes
  5. does this mean that the holders would not be inclined to mention the achievement on their cricketing CV? .... The answer, I am afraid is Yes and No :)
  6. Did they set the record well apart from each other (like 10-12 years between the record) ?......NO
  7. Is it a batting record ?........NO
  8. Is it a bowling record?.....Yes
  9. Did they all do this in the same match?.......Yes
  10. Is it rather a humourous incident which ended up being a record ?.....NO
  11. Was it regarding extras?......NO

Hint No. 1 : When I said the answer was Yes and No in response to Q5, I meant the Australians may mention it in their CV but the Englishman probably wouldn't :)

Q12. Did it relate to the conceding of runs? ..... NO

Q13. Does it relate to the taking of wickets? ...... Yes, you could say that.

Q14.Bowling unchanged throughout the match?.....NO (you are moving away)

Q15. Is it a record because three of them did this thing in the same match? Thats tricky to answer with a yes or no[/QUOTE]

Q16. Did the match in question take place in Aust?.....YES

Hint # 2 : One of the Australians had another feat in the match which was a record for an Australian in Australia for another 5-6 years.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Q18. Is it something to do with stumpings?..... YES.

Come on mate. stop horsing around and say it :)