• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Neutral Venues

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
That's overraction at best. How many tests can India play in a year 15, 20 and I dont think Pakistan, Australia, England are going to play 6 tests with us every year. Even if they did within a year or so Fans will get bored of constant cricket which takes too much emoitions out of them. This is not happening. No way.

That's stretching your imagination too far.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Sanz said:
That's overraction at best. How many tests can India play in a year 15, 20 and I dont think Pakistan, Australia, England are going to play 6 tests with us every year. Even if they did within a year or so Fans will get bored of constant cricket which takes too much emoitions out of them. This is not happening. No way.

That's stretching your imagination too far.
The calendar's already congested. Therefore, if those nations play more series against India, they play less against us. Simple logic.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
We will see that, Let's leave this discussion here for now and we can take this up when India doesn't fulfil its commitment for its next NZ tour(s) both home and away.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I believe that England plan a simimar sort of thing with an idea to play ODI's in Dubai and Gilbralter

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
If they drop out of ODIs then yes!
Considering the amount of money they make from ODIs, I dont see India dropping out of ODIs. After all (according to some people) it's all about making money, right ?

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Langeveldt said:
Aren't there enough parts of India that would like top level cricket?
There are, but some countries aren't too keen on visiting those part of the country. ;) ;)

PS :- Awesome pic in your avtar.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Sanz said:
Considering the amount of money they make from ODIs, I dont see India dropping out of ODIs. After all (according to some people) it's all about making money, right ?
A lot of ODI cricket is about money rather than the game IMO.

Still, so long as there's enough ODIs to provide the money to enable Test cricket to continue, I'm happy.