• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Name a countries current best XI for all 3 formats using 33 unique players

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
This is going to be painful

Tests: Warner Cowan Smith Voges Lynn Hopes Nevill+ Magoffin Bollinger Hazlewood Lyon

ODI: Klinger Khawaja S.Marsh Bailey Maxwell Faulkner Wade+ Starc Coulter-Nile Paris Ahmed

T20I: Finch Watson Dunk+ Maddinson White Henriques Hogg Abbott Tye Richardson Behrendorff

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
NZ

Test
1. M Bracewell
2. T Latham
3. K Williamson*
4. R Taylor
5. D Brownlie
6. J Neesham
7. BJ Watling+
8. M Craig
9. N Wagner
10. T Southee
11. T Boult

ODI
1. M Guptill
2. B McCullum*
3. H Nicholls
4. G Worker
5. G Elliott
6. CJ Anderson
7. L Ronchi+
8. M Santner
9. A Milne
10. M Henry
11. B Wheeler

T20s
1. H Rutherford
2. A Devcich
3. D Flynn
4. C Munro
5. C de Grandhomme
6. JEC Franklin*
7. CFK van Wyk+
8. D Bracewell
9. I Sodhi
10. M Bates
11. M McClenaghan

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
NZ

Test
1. M Bracewell
2. T Latham
3. K Williamson*
4. R Taylor
5. D Brownlie
6. J Neesham
7. BJ Watling+
8. M Craig
9. N Wagner
10. T Southee
11. T Boult

ODI
1. M Guptill
2. B McCullum*
3. H Nicholls
4. G Worker
5. G Elliott
6. CJ Anderson
7. L Ronchi+
8. M Santner
9. A Milne
10. M Henry
11. B Wheeler

T20s
1. H Rutherford
2. A Devcich
3. D Flynn
4. C Munro
5. C de Grandhomme
6. JEC Franklin*
7. CFK van Wyk+
8. D Bracewell
9. I Sodhi
10. M Bates
11. M McClenaghan
Give you 5 stars for that effort.

Those in the know have Rutherford opening in T20. He is quality in that format.

pietersenrocks

U19 Vice-Captain
Beat me to starting this thread

Cook, Compton, Bell, Root, Ballance, Bairstow, Stokes, Rashid, Broad, Wood, Anderson

Hales, Moeen, Vince, Taylor, Morgan, Buttler, Bopara, Willey, Plunkett, Tredwell, Finn

Roy, Wright, Lumb, Pietersen, Billings, Ansari/Shah, Patel, Woakes, Mills, Parry, Topley

Pretty close to sacrificing the T20 side there
All three sides seem really strong and perfect. Though idk who is Mills and t20 fast bowling looks weak. I'd like to have Shahzad in there maybe. And Davies in for Wright cuz Wright never performs at the top level.

Flem274*

123/5
Test - Latham, Brownlie, Williamson, Taylor, Young, Neesham, Watling, Craig, Bracewell, Wagner, Southee

ODI - Guptill, Ryder, Nicholls, Elliott, Santner, Anderson, Ronchi, Sodhi, Wheeler, Boult, Henry

T20 - Devcich, Rutherford, McCullum, Worker, van Wyk, Franklin, Munro, NcCullum, Milne, McClenaghan, Bates

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nice thread..

I've selected NZ sides based on the last 10 years since international T20s were first played (2005 IIRC....)

I tried to select relatively equal sides without any special weighting to any form (as tempting as it was to stick Bond and Boult in the test side)...

Tests:

Richardson
Latham
Williamson 7
Fleming *
Neesham 6
Watling +
Cairns 4
Tastle 5
Southee 2
O'Brien 3
Gillespie 1 (sorry C Martin)

ODI:

Guptill
Astle 8
Ryder 7
Taylor
Elliott 6
Oram 4
Ronchi+
Vettori* 5
Mills 2
Bond 3
Boult 1

T20

McCullum *
Franklin 7
Styris 6
Munro
McMillan
Anderson 3
McGlashan+
NcCullum 5
J Patel 4
Bracewell 2
Milne 1

Zinzan

By the way... how strong is that ODI bowling attack ^ (perhaps I did weight too much in favour of the ODI team...) :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was going to attempt to do one for Zimbabwe, but realistically the best strategy for them would probably be to stack the ODI team with the best players possible, try to win most of the ODIs against weakened opposition lineups and not count on winning any of the Tests or T20Is. They might end up winning close to 20% of their total games that way which would be a much better outcome than if they tried to pick three balanced lineups.

Zinzan

I was going to attempt to do one for Zimbabwe, but realistically the best strategy for them would probably be to stack the ODI team with the best players possible, try to win most of the ODIs against weakened opposition lineups and not count on winning any of the Tests or T20Is. They might end up winning close to 20% of their total games that way which would be a much better outcome than if they tried to pick three balanced lineups.
I'd struggle with all-time Zim sides across all 3 formats using unique players, let alone ones using current players.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I had a similar issue for my Bangladesh. It was kind of hard to leave out Shakib, Mustafiz and Mahmudullah from the test team but I figured BD can get the maximum out of them by winning ODI series.

randycricfreak

State Vice-Captain
Sri Lanka Test

Dimuth Karunaratne
Kaushal Silva
Udara Jayasundera
Dinesh Chandimal (wk)
Dhananjaya de Silva
Angelo Mathews(C)
Kithruwan Vithanage
Rangana Herath
Lahiru Kumara
Nuwan Pradeep
Dilruwan Perera

ODIs

Dhanushka Gunathileke
Niroshan Dickwella
Kusal Mendis
Lahiru Thirimanna
Upul Tharanga (C)
Milinda Siriwardena
Asela Gunarathne
Farveez Maharoof
Nuwan Kulasekara
Suranga Lakmal
Lakshan Sandaken

T20s

Kusal Perera
Dilshan Munaweera
Dasun Shanaka
Chamara Kapugedera
Jeewan Mendis
Seekuge Prasanna
Sachith Pathirana
Isuru Udana
Jeffrey Vandersay
Ajantha Mendis
Lasith Malinga (C)

Shri

Mr. Glass
Nice idea. Here's my attempt at India:

Tests:

S Dhawan
M Vijay
C Pujara
A Rahane
K Nair
R Ashwin
W Saha
J Yadav
M Shami
U Yadav
I Sharma

ODIs

R Sharma
KL Rahul
V Kohli
MS Dhoni
Y Singh
K Jadhav
R Jadeja
H Pandya
B Kumar
A Mishra
J Bumrah

T20s:

Gautham Gambhir
Rishabh Pant
Suresh Raina
Dinesh Karthik
Sarfaraz Khan
Surayakumar Yadav
Krunal Pandya
Axar Patel
Dhawal Kulkarni
Yuzvendra Chahal
Sandeep Sharma

morgieb

Cowan, Warner, Burns, Smith, Voges, Henriques, Nevill, O'Keefe, Pattinson, Siddle, Bird

Watson, Khawaja, S Marsh, Ferguson, Bailey, M Marsh, Wade, Starc, Sandhu, Hazlewood, Lyon

Finch, Maddinson, Klinger, White, Lynn, Maxwell, Faulkner, Ludeman, Boyce, Coutler-Nile, Cummins

A few controversial calls, but meh.
New sides:

Warner, Renshaw, Khawaja, Smith, Handscomb, Burns, Nevill, O'Keefe, Pattinson, Siddle, Bird

Head, Finch, S Marsh, Ferguson, Bailey, M Marsh, Wade, Starc, Zampa, Cummins, Hazlewood

Dunk, Maddinson, Klinger, Lynn, Henriques, Maxwell, Faulkner, Abbott, Coulter-Nile, Swepson, Tye

srbhkshk

International Captain
India :

Tests - Vijay , Rahul, Pujara , Rahane , Nair , Saha , Ashwin , Jayant , Jadeja , Shami, Ishant

ODIs - Dhawan , Rohit , Kohli , Yuvi , Dhoni , Jadhav , Pandya , Umesh ,Axar , Bhuvi , Mishra

T20s - Parthiv , Uthappa , Pant , Raina , Pandey ,Rayudu , Sran, Kuldeep , Chahal , Bumrah , Nehra

The T20 side has taken a bit of beating in batting but is still competitive, I am really happy with the Test and ODI sides though, neither looks all that adrift from our full strength side.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Test: Cook, Hameed, Jennings, Root, Ballance, Stokes, Bairstow, Moeen, Woakes, Broad, Anderson

ODI: Hales, Roy, Vince, Morgan, Milan, Buttler, Plunkett, Rashid, Wood, Ball

T20: Willey, Wright, Billings, Duckett, Pietersen, Lumb, Patel, Dawson, Jordan, Mills, Gurney

The strongest side is the one that gets Root, but it's interesting how independent they've become. Don't really know which way to play Moeen and Rashid. Happy to fill the T20 side with washed up BBL hacks

Last edited: