• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali may pull out of Australian tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Cactus said:
oh i assure you, blinded people can discard the most obvious of logic!
but then again you probably didn't need the assurance from me to figure it out yourself.
"Blinded people"?? Is that like, people who have purchased vertical blinds?

Is there some valid reason why you choose to live in Australia?

Cactus

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Kenny said:
"Blinded people"?? Is that like, people who have purchased vertical blinds?

of the topic comment

i love both countries, but like most lankans we get worked up about the Murali topic.

and as for that stupid comment of "is there any valid reason you choose to live in Australia?" of course there is. just because everyone gets so into the debate of this issues doesn't instantly mean that the entire population of Aus are cheating racist scumbags. i don'think any of us here are trying to imply that to the mass population of Australia.

but Australia as a whole is good country, a great country with good ppl. sri lanka is a country that has had a war raging for 20 or more years. we love our cricket but there's alot of poverty. that's one of the most obvious reasons ppl leave, plus to get a better education (these are just a few of the many reasons why i have been here for nearly all my life. not that it's any of your damn business why anyone chooses to live anywhere.:!(

as for the vertical blinds....:rolleyes:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
everyone sledges everyone, get over it and get on with the game, quit whinging
I wasn't the one whinging - I was pointing out that no Aussie can really be upset at being sledged against seeing how much they dish it out.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kenny said:
Yes well you seem to be the expert - you are highlighting the fact that poor Murali gets sledged down under, but arrogantly call someone a 'fool' when he suggests that Aussies also cop sledge overseas.......
At no point have I mentioned the treatment Murali has received when down under (although if it comes from outside the boundary I actually consider it worse than the normal sledging that goes on)

I was calling him a "one-eyed fool" for moaning about the Australian's being sledged when he conveniently overlooks all the sledging given out by that very same Australian team.

Kenny said:
if you weren't so doggedly anti-Australian you may be able to have a more balanced viewpoint, and desist from insulting people.
Interesting that you say I'm doggedly anti-Australian - I must remember to tell the Australian half of my family that I can't stand them because they're Australian.

Kenny

U19 Debutant
Cactus said:
not that it's any of your damn business why anyone chooses to live anywhere.:!
[/B]
Of course it's my business you silly boy!!!
I merely wondered why you are so critical of the Australian side and Australians in general and yet you choose to live here........of course Australia is a wonderful country to live in, and I am gratified to know you do not think of us all as 'cheating racist scumbags'........:O
I think Murali is a cheat - but that doesn't make me unique, or a racist.......

Kenny

U19 Debutant
marc71178 said:
I was calling him a "one-eyed fool" for moaning about the Australian's being sledged when he conveniently overlooks all the sledging given out by that very same Australian team.

Interesting that you say I'm doggedly anti-Australian - I must remember to tell the Australian half of my family that I can't stand them because they're Australian. [/B]
I can't see the difference in him (allegedly) overlooking the sledging given out by the Aussies, or you overlooking the sledging received by the Aussies when on tour - of course you probably think THAT sledging is perfectly ok.
And you sprout on about double standards, and call people fools.......
And you and I both know I was referring to your views on Australian cricket, not matters pertaining to your extended family, which I would not allude to.
I have Scots in my family - doesn't mean I like 'em!! :lol:

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenny said:
I'm guessing because his family live there and he happens to be one of the small Sri Lankan element of Australian society? Any reason why you don't choose to live in the North Pole?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Kenny said:
I can't see the difference in him (allegedly) overlooking the sledging given out by the Aussies, or you overlooking the sledging received by the Aussies when on tour - of course you probably think THAT sledging is perfectly ok.
Where have I overlooked the sledging?

All I said was that Australians are in no place to complain about sledging seeing as they do it to others to such a great extent.

Kenny said:
And you sprout on about double standards, and call people fools.......
No, I didn't call him just a fool - I called him a one-eyed fool, meaning something completely different.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Kenny said:
Yes indeed this very board is the only place I have actually found so far where more people actually think his action is legal than not - in the real or cyber world - you few guys are unique!
Well doesn't that hint to you slightly that it's not the best idea to mention Murali's action whenever we talk about him? Because just about everyone on here must think "oh no here we go again" whenever you decide to post on Murali's action when we are talking about something different, weather they think his action is legal or not. But also, I don't see how you are the majority in real life, just happens to be not only is this real life, but I find a person who shares your views to be quite rare, in fact, face to face, I've not met one yet!

Other than that and your insane finger pointing "hey you don't agree with me and your English so you must be anti-australian" I cannot understand why you continue to press this matter when it's been argued so many times and allways comes to the same conclusion! I'm not here to make you believe Murali's action is legal, and your not here to tell me I think it isn't, so I'd much rather you just left it next time you see Murali's name in a thread, because no-one is going to convert anyone and it's better off if the arguement just doesn't exist in the first place.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Sanz said:
If you think Murali is a Cheat then the Institute of Western Australia which cleared him is a bigger Cheat.

I wouldnt say he was a cheat, but he gains an unfair advantage over other bowlers...

Cactus

Kenny said:
Of course it's my business you silly boy!!!
I merely wondered why you are so critical of the Australian side and Australians in general and yet you choose to live here........of course Australia is a wonderful country to live in, and I am gratified to know you do not think of us all as 'cheating racist scumbags'........:O
I think Murali is a cheat - but that doesn't make me unique, or a racist.......
i maintain the fact that it still isn't any of your damn business and not everyone whose fanatical about their cricket has to be a boy!!!!

i am a girl !!

Cactus

Rik said:
I'm guessing because his family live there and he happens to be one of the small Sri Lankan element of Australian society? Any reason why you don't choose to live in the North Pole?
thankyou....and again...i'm a girl!

Cactus

Langeveldt said:
I wouldnt say he was a cheat, but he gains an unfair advantage over other bowlers...
how does he do that??......as in gain an unfair advatage over the other bowlers?

Legglancer

State Regular
Kenny said:
But then, Australia has always been known for the 'fair go' scenario - and being very harsh on people who wrought the system.

"Fair go people" eh ??? lol what a load of bull ...

No wonder Muralitharan once swore he would never tour Australia. If it is not
about illegal actions they are bound to rake up an issue concerning the umpiring. They have
conveniently forgotten that 'chuckers' such as Meckiff, Burke, Rorke, Tretheway, Hitchcox et al,
and umpires Mel McInnes, who almost ruined the 1960-61 West Indies series and Steve Randall, jailed for immoral conduct, are Australians. People in glass houses should not.
:lol: :lol:

Oops ... I almost forgot the Warne/Mark Waugh match fixing controvesy .... wake up and smell the dung around you buddy .... Simple explanation "Frog in the Well Syndrome" !!!:duh:

Swervy

International Captain
Legglancer said:
"Fair go people" eh ??? lol what a load of bull ...

No wonder Muralitharan once swore he would never tour Australia. If it is not
about illegal actions they are bound to rake up an issue concerning the umpiring. They have
conveniently forgotten that 'chuckers' such as Meckiff, Burke, Rorke, Tretheway, Hitchcox et al,
and umpires Mel McInnes, who almost ruined the 1960-61 West Indies series and Steve Randall, jailed for immoral conduct, are Australians. People in glass houses should not.
:lol: :lol:

Oops ... I almost forgot the Warne/Mark Waugh match fixing controvesy .... wake up and smell the dung around you buddy .... Simple explanation "Frog in the Well Syndrome" !!!:duh:

mmm...hope the implication isnt that all Australians are like the above.

I think it is fair comment that Australia does have a 'fair go' culture...but if an Aussie thinks something is unfair he will let you know....now people (whether they be Australian or whatever) who do think Murali is a chucker, well , its an opinion.

I do recall the English 'papers' implying quite a lot about Murali's action a few months ago, so lets not just have a dig at the Aussie press about this.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Kenny said:
Richard, you are entitled to your opinion my friend, and if that opinion is that Murali is forever untouchable and can never be questioned again, then that's all well and good.

I feel I have made valid points. And I know I am in the majority.

Thanks for an intelligent debate, however.
I have given my reasons why I think Murali has been questioned sufficiently.
And I have given my reasons why the fact that you are in the majority when questioning Murali's action (or simply branding it illegal) is irrelevant - because most of them simply don't know what they're talking about.
Many, many people just don't understand the rule, and plenty assume on one or two pictures and what the like of you tell them.
If you have looked at the evidence used at UWA you are in a position not many are, and you have slightly more authority to question their findings than most do.
Still, as I say, I have given my reasons why I think your concerns are unfounded.

Legglancer

State Regular
Cactus said:
thankyou....and again...i'm a girl!
Welcome to the forum Cactus, I think its wonderful to have some femail company here ..... lol ... their is only so much one can take of guy like "kenny" you know .

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Almost all failed girl bands have some estranged following.
Just ask me about B*Witched...
"*hides*"

Status
Not open for further replies.