• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali bowling with a astraight arm

Steulen

International Regular
Hmm...don't feel like ploughing through the whole thread, so taking the risk of asking a question put forth before;

does anyone know where I can view the documentary where Murali is bowling all his deliveries with a brace, proving (allegedly) that he can bowl them all without chucking?

I'd prefer to get it through Usenet, but any hints are welcome :)

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
marc71178 said:
Relevance?

No matter how many articles written by pro-Murali journalists - that won't change a thing.
It wont change for u since u will never accept anything possitive about murali... which i think is pathetic...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Legglancer said:
Especially if you are Biased in the first place !!! 8-)

How does my personal bias (which incidentally was completely behind Murali before seeing that documentary) change whether he is banned from using a ball or not?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
nookie_lk said:
It wont change for u since u will never accept anything possitive about murali... which i think is pathetic...
Like I've just said - check the history of discussions about Murali, and you will find that I have always supported him until seeing that documentary.

Now if that's not accepting anything positive about him, I dread to think what you'd describe the members on here who have always said he chucks everything as!

Legglancer

State Regular
marc71178 said:
How does my personal bias (which incidentally was completely behind Murali before seeing that documentary) change whether he is banned from using a ball or not?
Only you can answer that Question ...... 8-)

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Legglancer said:
Especially if you are Biased in the first place !!! 8-)
However, being so completely biased in the other direction that you can't fathom how someone could see Murali's action and think it's dodgy is a good thing? I'm willing to be proven wrong in thinking that there's something a little strange about his action, and have basically accepted that his normal action must be ok after the barrage of tests, however I'm still not 100% convinced. There seems to be hardliners on both the for and against sides for Murali, and in my opinion they both look pretty foolish.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Hardliners tend to look foolish whatever issue they're ranting about.

Now, back to the masterplan to bring down Blair and install a Marxist state answering solely to me.

Legglancer

State Regular
Son Of Coco said:
However, being so completely biased in the other direction that you can't fathom how someone could see Murali's action and think it's dodgy is a good thing? I'm willing to be proven wrong in thinking that there's something a little strange about his action, and have basically accepted that his normal action must be ok after the barrage of tests, however I'm still not 100% convinced. There seems to be hardliners on both the for and against sides for Murali, and in my opinion they both look pretty foolish.
Well thanks for jumping in ...... How do you assume that I am a murali supporter/and I think all his deliverys are clear ????

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Legglancer said:
Only you can answer that Question ...... 8-)
You what?

I don't work for the UWA or the ICC, so how can I affect the fact that he is banned from bowling the doosra?

Not at all.

Similarly, how can writers with a very-clear pro-Murali streak change that fact?

They can't either.

Legglancer

State Regular
marc71178 said:
You what?

I don't work for the UWA or the ICC, so how can I affect the fact that he is banned from bowling the doosra?

Not at all.

Similarly, how can writers with a very-clear pro-Murali streak change that fact?

They can't either.
Perhaps you should read the thread again ..... maybe you may get it !

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Get what?

I asked how articles from pro-Murali writers would change the fact that he cannot bowl the doosra.

The answer is they won't because they have no say in the matter,

Son Of Coco

Legglancer said:
Well thanks for jumping in ...... How do you assume that I am a murali supporter/and I think all his deliverys are clear ????
I've talked to you about it before....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
Hardliners tend to look foolish whatever issue they're ranting about.

Now, back to the masterplan to bring down Blair and install a Marxist state answering solely to me.
What were you saying about looking foolish... :blink: :ph34r: :huh: :happy: :wacko: :dry: :sleep:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Richard said:
What were you saying about looking foolish... :blink: :ph34r: :huh: :happy: :wacko: :dry: :sleep:
Mentioning of the term "first-chance average" will be punishable by death.

Or, even better, watching Chris Tavaré bat. Actually, you'd enjoy that. Death it is, by having to face me unprotected in the nets at Exeter School.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Ooh, I'm so scared, I'm being threatened by someone who's memory is unlikely to stretch 7 months down the line. :p :p
And you know the rules about pumelling clueless tailenders with intimidatory short-pitched bowling. Punishable by... well... punishment. The looping leggies would be a far better option. Actually try and get wickets, rather than spatter blood on the pitch.
Did I say "get wickets"..............????? In the same sentance as referring (without direct naming) the Pickup leg-breaks..........

First-chance average.

Son Of Coco

Legglancer said:
Well Unsurprisingly you cought the wrong end of the stick !
Of course I have, maybe I should try simply belittling the intelligence of other posters while presuming to make a point..

King_Ponting

International Regular
just a question is muralis doosra illegal????? If it is why was murali allowed to bowl it in the tsunami appeal match if it was illegal????? Isnt that like a ban or something if u bowl an illegal balll deliberately when told that you're not allowed to do it in an interanational match?