• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali bowling with a astraight arm

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I think his doosra has been cleared, now that the rule is 15 degrees for everyone and I believe his degree is only about 12 or 14.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
okay,thanks, but was it cleared at the time of the tsunami appeal match?
I guess an IP CHECK is required, someone is digging thread with a motive :p :)

King_Ponting

International Regular
hmmm yeh it was all for a good cause but that sounds pretty dodgey to me. For murali to have the ignorance to bowl that ball knowing full well it was illegal and just because it was a good spirited game he got a way with it. If murali had gotten someone out with that ball it would be in the record books and on that players career statistics as having been dismissed by muralitiran even tho the ball that dismissed them was illegal. Muralithiran u dodgey barstard

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
hmmm yeh it was all for a good cause but that sounds pretty dodgey to me. For murali to have the ignorance to bowl that ball knowing full well it was illegal and just because it was a good spirited game he got a way with it. If murali had gotten someone out with that ball it would be in the record books and on that players career statistics as having been dismissed by muralitiran even tho the ball that dismissed them was illegal. Muralithiran u dodgey barstard
You can still bowl a ball while its under examitation, he wasn't bowling illegal balls under the ICC rules.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
King_Ponting said:
so because a recomendation was given he was able to bowl the ball even though the icc had not yet passed it?
Their was no official recommendation for him to not ball the ball and by that stage they were still anaysing the information about other bowlers, so he was allowed to ball it.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I thought that the doosra was declared illegal under the previous legislation but as the degree of flex was 14 degrees, it was subsequently cleared under the new legislation.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
social said:
I thought that the doosra was declared illegal under the previous legislation but as the degree of flex was 14 degrees, it was subsequently cleared under the new legislation.
No they worked on the action to make it come down below 10 during the test and therefore providing grounds to clear. my understanding was 14 degrees is the highest he bowled it but his average for under 10, therefore under some loop hole it was cleared before the Asia/World XI game. He was always allowed to bowl it, but if the umpires or match offical reported him again he would have been banned or something.