• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali bowling with a astraight arm

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Richard said:
There always appeared to be a good deal of difference, but I just thought to myself "they must have cleared him for a reason".
The ICC is probably secretly has Michael Atherton as it's head of chucking department, or something.

Anyone else remember when Atherton said that Murali chucked, but still should be allowed to play?

Anyway, the ICC doesn't seem to get it right always, and I wouldn't be certain that a slightly modified version of the above version couldn't be true.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
I must admit I'd like to see his action on 4Sight.

Why don't they just use 4Sight cameras? 2000 frames a second is way better than 250.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tom Halsey said:
I must admit I'd like to see his action on 4Sight.
You wouldn't see anything you don't see already.
However slow you can get the pictures, you still can't cover all angles.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Tom Halsey said:
The ICC is probably secretly has Michael Atherton as it's head of chucking department, or something.

Anyone else remember when Atherton said that Murali chucked, but still should be allowed to play?

Anyway, the ICC doesn't seem to get it right always, and I wouldn't be certain that a slightly modified version of the above version couldn't be true.
Thing is, it wasn't ICC - it was learned physicists at one of the most senior science laboratories in The World.
ICC simply accepted their findings - even they aren't going to get something that simple wrong.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Written by a bloke whose writing makes nookie appear to be a well balanced unbiased individual..

Waughney

International Debutant
Richard said:
Don't really see how, myself.
That seems to be saying they'll use some sort of camera to film stuff, in-match, to try and detect things.
That won't show much at all, it's yet another single-angle thing.
It will see wether or not Murali's doosra flexion drasticly exceeds that of most other bowlers (ie. "Normal"). If it does, the outlawing of the doosra will be justified. If not he should be able to start bowling it again.

all right guys ill settle this bull**** once and for all. The Icc has proved murali is a chucker and that his doosra is illegal. Im sick of this crap with everyone trying to defend murali saying that oh no murali's not a cheat. well you guys might as well go out on the feild pull down muralis pants and suck his ****. Especially dude. Mate for ****s sake murali is a chucker and leave it at that. he has proved to be a chucker and the icc decisions are final

Legglancer

State Regular
pontingrulz said:
all right guys ill settle this bull**** once and for all. The Icc has proved murali is a chucker and that his doosra is illegal. Im sick of this crap with everyone trying to defend murali saying that oh no murali's not a cheat. well you guys might as well go out on the feild pull down muralis pants and suck his ****. Especially dude. Mate for ****s sake murali is a chucker and leave it at that. he has proved to be a chucker and the icc decisions are final

Can a moderator please kick this dimwit out ....

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
pontingrulz said:
Yes, because it's been seen that Murali's wrong-'un is illegal that makes his stock-ball illegal too.
Incidentally, it wasn't ICC who made the revelation, it was the same learned physicists who declared the stock-ball legal.
Funny how ICC decisions weren't final when they decreed the stock-ball legal.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
marc71178 said:
Yes, seeing as that's it at the extent of it's straightness.
Being at "the extent of its straightness" at the point of delivery doesn't mean Murali can't bend his arm and then straighten it to that point again (i.e: a throw). I'm not saying that he does throw mind you (already had this discussion at another forum) but am a little undecided. The pic means nothing as it's taken at an angle where the elbow is pointing straight at the lens, if it was bent you wouldn't see it from this angle anyway.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
JBH001 said:
Damn havent seen this documentary or these interviews.
(the game sure does bend over backwards to keep him in the game, doesnt it?)

Question: Is it possible for a thrower/chucker to consistently bowl with flight, loop and dip?

I'm pretty sure it is with some practice, i throw pretty good spin myself.