• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looks like he spent that time getting an education. Don't remember him speaking English so confidently before.
I think he's had a bit of PR training and answered the same questions many times before but yeah, he had a long interview with Atherton just after his release from the youth detention center as well where he spoke Urdu.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
:lol:

ok it was a fairly dumb question. but he doesn't strike me as the brightest and without rehabilitation must surely be a risk.

Shady Slim

International Coach
think he would know not to do it again regardless, especially when you take the treatment he's got now in to account

Burner

International Regular
Also maybe because he rightfully thinks that those who don't respect the game should be shown the door indefinitely.

I've said that I love that Amir is getting another chance because I think he is an exciting bowler and I don't have too much of an emotional opinion about his past. But I am not going to rubbish everyone that thinks that he should have been banned forever. It's a perfectly reasonable opinion.

I get a feeling that a lot of his fans think that the cricketing fraternity owes Amir forgiveness. They don't. Will have to make peace with that.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Asif's got 27 wickets at 13 in 4 games so far. I know the QeA sees **** like this all the time but idc I just want to watch this asshole bowl.

oblongballs

U19 Debutant
Asif's got 27 wickets at 13 in 4 games so far. I know the QeA sees **** like this all the time but idc I just want to watch this asshole bowl.
He is 34 years old and a worse offender then Amir. The latter was young, naive, just heading into stardom, whereas Asif was previously convicted on drugs charges, had a couple other controversies and seemed completely unrepentant with what he did. I rooted for an Amir come back but wish Asif and Butt never see international cricket again.

A word on Amir, his comeback has been filled with moments, the final wicket at Lords, that spell later on, the Asia Cup, the CT final but he has lacked consistency, especially in the longer format. I think he needs a spell away from the test side, maybe a season in the counties, then he can play in the Pakistan set up and return to tests. He did have that exceptional match for Essex earlier this year.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Pathetic double standards. All 3 are equally as bad and guilty so can't call for one to come back but not the others, naïveté is not a legitimate excuse.

For the record, calling for any of them to come back was wrong.