• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Hussey

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
But its always a couple of comments every time he starts a thread - which gets to be unedifying after a while. And I think he's improved a great deal in the 6 months he's been here in terms of knowing what's spam and what isn't etc.
Yeah, you can tell comments have an impact on him by his "sorry for spamming the forum" comment upon making a perfectly legitimate post

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah, it's gotten less and less with people realising his age though. I think most of the comments come from people who don't realise he's 10. It certainly was bad a while back, but it's seemed to have settled down, especially with Neil taking up the case.
Agree with that on the most part to be fair

PhoenixFire

International Coach
I dobn't think there is anyone who can justify criticising a 10 year old who posts on forums. He only spammed because he knew no better, rather than having any sort of malicious intentions (not sure how spamming can be malicious actually, but that's beside the point), give me andmark or Rodgie any day.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
The only dire part of this thread was andmark asking whether he deserved a place in the team (or words to that affect), the question about why he isn't making runs is a perfectly valid one.

"And the only time when he actually gets a wicket it's a simple run out or a catch".

?

pup11

International Coach
Athlai, thanks for elaborating that mate, i would have never figured it out what andmark was trying to say there.

Barney Rubble

International Coach
My opinion on Hussey remains the same as always - he's a bloody good player, but people have gone way overboard about him. Nowhere near good enough to maintain an average of >60 in either form like some were claiming he would.

The_Bunny

State Regular
My opinion on Hussey remains the same as always - he's a bloody good player, but people have gone way overboard about him. Nowhere near good enough to maintain an average of >60 in either form like some were claiming he would.
I think he might in Test's....
But I agree in Odi's :)

Matt79

Global Moderator
Oh ****. Completely misread it. Sorry GIMH - I thought he was bracketing you with Rodgie, rather than PF.:oops:

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
With somebody like Hussey batting as low as #7 it gives the Aussie top-order the luxury to bat freely and aggressively knowing that even if they fail to deliver, Hussey can still re-construct and control the innings.

So in that sense Hussey is a very important player for Australia in ODI's and in test matches too he has proven his worth time and again in all the test matches he has played.

Last edited: