• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Hussey

pup11

International Coach
marc, that only shows that Hussey is human and not a machine, just because he didn't play to his potential in one tournament that doesn't mean he should be dropped or ridiculed.

pup11

International Coach
But having said that there is an obvious flaw in Hussey's technique on slow and low pitches.

He depends on his timing to score most of his runs but i don't think he times the ball too well on slow and low tracks.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
marc, that only shows that Hussey is human and not a machine, just because he didn't play to his potential in one tournament that doesn't mean he should be dropped or ridiculed.
Hey, I'm not calling for him to be dropped, merely pointing out inconsistencies...

PhoenixFire

International Coach
The only dire part of this thread was andmark asking whether he deserved a place in the team (or words to that affect), the question about why he isn't making runs is a perfectly valid one.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Everyone has got just a little too quick on the "this is a dire thread" thing for mine. If nobody ever throws something out there, there'll be no discussion here at all. Somebody writes something that people disagree with and they're automatically getting "dire" and 8-) 's thrown at them. This is a family forum and we have several younger posters. If they try to contribute reasonably and follow the rules, they don't deserve to be mocked for making the effort.

Matt79

Global Moderator
He's actually a really good contributor if you bear that in mind. Ok, he's not SJS but he clearly has a love for the game and we should encourage that rather than heap crap on him tbh...

pasag

RTDAS
Everyone has got just a little too quick on the "this is a dire thread" thing for mine. If nobody ever throws something out there, there'll be no discussion here at all. Somebody writes something that people disagree with and they're automatically getting "dire" and 8-) 's thrown at them. This is a family forum and we have several younger posters. If they try to contribute reasonably and follow the rules, they don't deserve to be mocked for making the effort.
Looking back thorugh the thread, I can't see it too much though, maybe one or two posts.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He's actually a really good contributor if you bear that in mind. Ok, he's not SJS but he clearly has a love for the game and we should encourage that rather than heap crap on him tbh...

Yes

Matt79

Global Moderator
Looking back thorugh the thread, I can't see it too much though, maybe one or two posts.
But its always a couple of comments every time he starts a thread - which gets to be unedifying after a while. And I think he's improved a great deal in the 6 months he's been here in terms of knowing what's spam and what isn't etc.

pup11

International Coach
Yup, i called the thread "dire" i was a bit pissed off TBH reading such a thing about Hussey,but now i realise my mistake.

So i apologise to andmark, sorry mate.

pasag

RTDAS
But its always a couple of comments every time he starts a thread - which gets to be unedifying after a while. And I think he's improved a great deal in the 6 months he's been here in terms of knowing what's spam and what isn't etc.
Yeah, it's gotten less and less with people realising his age though. I think most of the comments come from people who don't realise he's 10. It certainly was bad a while back, but it's seemed to have settled down, especially with Neil taking up the case.