• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mike Hussey

open365

International Vice-Captain
Will people give the flaming Andmark/CDM axis love club a rest for a while please?

Being honest, the thread's opening post is largely ridiculous, but anyone who even hints at such gets a mouthful off the Andmark protection society.

Yeh i understand he's ten and isn't gonna be the most coherent person in the world but it doesn't mean he should be immune from criticism.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
It just means, really, that when he says something a bit off-the-wall, that people shouldn't get on the "what an utterly stupid comment" horse.

Just leave it, in the knowledge of the age of the poster.

pasag

RTDAS
Will people give the flaming Andmark/CDM axis love club a rest for a while please?

Being honest, the thread's opening post is largely ridiculous, but anyone who even hints at such gets a mouthful off the Andmark protection society.

Yeh i understand he's ten and isn't gonna be the most coherent person in the world but it doesn't mean he should be immune from criticism.
It does really. There's a pretty cynical undercurrent here and if we can help it, a person shouldn't be exposed to it at such an early age.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Cynical undercurrent? WTF? Worst post you've made since vomitgate.

If a 10 year old comes on here and posts crap, he'll get criticised like anyone else. Andmark's posting has improved a good deal since he came here the first time, and I don't think it's because he's aged six months.

pasag

RTDAS
Cynical undercurrent? WTF? Worst post you've made since vomitgate.

If a 10 year old comes on here and posts crap, he'll get criticised like anyone else. Andmark's posting has improved a good deal since he came here the first time, and I don't think it's because he's aged six months.
Lol, if that's the worst since Vomitgate I must be doing alright.

And no, if a 10 year old comes on here and posts crap he shouldn't be criticised like everyone else as long as it is within forum rules. As I said there's a heavily cynical undercurrent here when someone will say something like "Oh, you didn't even know Don Bradman averaged 99.94 on the top of your head, what are you a complete idiot?" or "to even suggest such a thing (insert such and such cricket opinion) you have to be completely braindead".

You'd have to be completely blind or oblivious to not see that going on here and really a 10 year old shouldn't be exposed to that if we can help it. Again if that's the worst since Vomitgate, I take that as a compliment.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm with Gelman

Disagreeing with him is one thing, but dismissing him is another. He knows more about Cricket than most posters here did when they were ten, I'll bet

And to reference open365's other point - it's mainly andmark and not so much CDm that people look out for

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Tbh it's not so much of a cynical undercurrent as it is a **** undercurrent (at times). Not that I have much of a problem with it generally, although I agree with this - "You'd have to be completely blind or oblivious to not see that going on here and really a 10 year old shouldn't be exposed to that if we can help it. "

Matt79

Global Moderator
We can disagree, and even seek to educate each other, without snide remarks or seeking to beat the enthusiasm out of the newer/younger guys is the thing really... :canadian:

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
:huh:

Random post of the month?
I understood what he was saying but I've been struggling for Inzys of late (especially with FRAZ not being around a great deal in the last few weeks) so I'll think about it. :)

pasag

RTDAS
Trying hard to grind Craigos gears tbh.
Lol, all you need to do is ask him. And remember what happened the last time someone pulled the roll-eyes on Craigos, it was Slow Love and he's not around any longer, so there is definitely a lesson in that.