• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mediocre cricketers who you support

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Robbie P grew on me. Not sure what comeback it was but the post 2010 incarnation won South Africa a fair few games. Played a great hand in the India 2011 WC game, won a test against Pak from behind with the bat and was a factor in the series win in Perth circa 2012. Remember he got Clarke and an albeit shot Ponting.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Ken Rutherford, had all the shots and his 317 off 245 balls on a tour to England at age 20 sounded legendary. Was always waiting for him to come good at international level.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Nice! Ryder was good to watch with the ball I thought. Pretty skillful and had deceptive changes of pace

He wasn't any great shakes as a bowler but used to really enjoy watching Paul Collingwood bowl. Nice, fluent action and got it to swing it in helpful conditions. Also had good change-ups with his cutters, slower-balls and could be pretty effective in the middle-overs of an ODI
Collingwood's bowling was enjoyable too, and I remember in the IPL he use to bowl plenty of off-cutters on turning tracks(and they would turn almost as much as regular off-spin). Symonds is another one, he opening the bowling for Deccan Chargers in the IPL, and was fun too watch with his tidy in-swingers.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cheema is a great pick! Very exciting player.
Oh yeah, certainly. I just hope that some of the US players step up. The US cricket board keeps on running an ad on Willowtv which shows like cricket is the #1 sport in the country...yet can't find decent videos coverage of the footage. Abysmal.

Blenkinsop

U19 Cricketer
We didn't have much choice about watching mediocre cricketers in England in the 90s. Anyone remember Jimmy Ormond? Or the ever hopeful quest for a leg-spinner that eventually delivered Ian Salisbury?