• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mediocre cricketers who you support

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
I was always hoping that John Morris would make a mark of some sort aside from being a co-pilot. A good batsman to watch but should never have been selected for England, but I was willing him on.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Yasir Arafat. I don't know how every delivery he'd bowl would skid, just don't know what the trick was. I think with the kind of skid he got, slightly better seam presentation would have made him even more effective. Not up to the mark at international level, but a perfect guy for franchise cricket with his pinch hitting and good death bowling.

karan_fromthestands

State Captain
Seems like I support too many ordinary players.

Johan van der Wath is another name that I want to add to this thread. If you had seen him bowl or bat when he was young, you'd have felt that he might end up as a very good bowling-allrounder, but the guy never took his game to the next level. Also, SA having too many all-rounders didn't help either, he got limited opportunities.

palehorse

Cricket Spectator
Australia - Shane Lee
India - Robin Singh, Sanjay Manjrekar
England - Dominic Cork, Ryan Sidebottom
New Zealand - Craig Spearman, Dion Nash, Adam Parore
Pakistan - Shahid Afridi
South Africa - Pat Symcox
Sri Lanka - Roshan Mahanama, Hashan Tilakratne
West Indies - Sherwin Campbell
Zimbabwe - Andy Blignaut, Eddo Brandes, Alastair Campbell

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Yasir Arafat. I don't know how every delivery he'd bowl would skid, just don't know what the trick was. I think with the kind of skid he got, slightly better seam presentation would have made him even more effective. Not up to the mark at international level, but a perfect guy for franchise cricket with his pinch hitting and good death bowling.

I was a big fan of Arafat. Similar sort of cricketer that I liked as well was Rana Naved. Hasan Ali following a similar trajectory as well.