• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mediocre cricketers who you support

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Kinda sorta inspired by the Shardul Thakur discussion in the Aus v Ind subbie

Sometimes you see a cricketer who by any objective standard isn't very good, yet you like them and want to see them do well anyway

Fire away

Himannv

International Coach
I used to support Mohammed Sami, Russel Arnold, Alan Mullaly, and Adam Dale. There were a few others as well I guess. I don't watch enough cricket these days to support anyone - Kusal Mendis perhaps.

nzfan

International Vice-Captain
Tom Blundell. He has pretty good year record so not necessarily mediocre but his one day and T20s don't look flash. At the moment the numbers may suggest mediocre but he'll come good in the long run.

Like the way he walks away calmly after getting out. Looks a happy chappy always.

Bijed

International Regular
I'm quite a big fan of Karunaratne but he's probably above mediocre, at least in tests