• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mark Waugh vs Rohit Sharma (ODIs)

Better ODI batsman

• Rohit Sharma

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Mark Waugh

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Cant Split

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sharma isn't exactly classically elegant but he makes it look so easy when on song.

OverratedSanity

Waugh was better, ***ier and didn't need a tree trunk sized bat to succeed.

Shame that he was a corrupt, fixing, cheating douchebag but its statistically unlikely that an Australian wouldn't be. Can't have everything.

vcs

The only reason I'm voting "Can't split" is because I can't remember Sharma having a dominant ICC event like Mark Waugh's WC '96. Otherwise, he's had a fantastic run over the last 5 years.

Bolo

State Captain
The only reason I'm voting "Can't split" is because I can't remember Sharma having a dominant ICC event like Mark Waugh's WC '96. Otherwise, he's had a fantastic run over the last 5 years.
Kallis had the most dominant ICC event. This logic leads to some dark places.

vcs

Kallis had the most dominant ICC event. This logic leads to some dark places.
I think Kallis did really well in the first CT but very little apart from that in ICC events. He got plenty of chances too, Sharma has only played one WC so far IIRC.

Daemon

Sharma's turnaround in ODIs has been incredible. From averaging 30 after a 100 ODIs with everyone calling for him to be dropped, he started opening and has absolutely killed it ever since. 93 ODIs averaging 63 at an SR just shy of 100.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Sharma had a superb icc trophy which India won.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
Junior played in an era where batsman usually actually had to work for their runs. No disrespect to Rohit, has played some truly brilliant ODI innings, but in an extremely batting friendly era

SillyCowCorner1

Waugh's ODI career- Only one ball used, got soft and discolored in the latter stages of the innings.

Shwarma's career- most of it played in an era where batsmen are pampered like infants.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Junior could have averaged 45 in this era even if not with the same impact knocks as Rohit doubt Rohit would have replicated Mark Waugh odi record in that era so Waugh for me.

Burner

International Regular
Sharma's one great WC away from getting in my best ODI XI and opening with Tendulkar. Ditto Amla. It's between him and Amla in the 2019 WC and with current form it seems very unlikely that Amla will outshine Rohit.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Anytime MWaugh is to be compared to any other cricketer, the answer is always MWaugh.