• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marc/Richard dispute thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

twctopcat

International Regular
Rik said:
It's the ammount of posts I've made, got nothing to do with my cricketing ability, general attitude or size of ego.
Really, you know i didn't realise that, silly me, i took it literally. Just pointing out that doesn't necessarily mean you have more of a stance in an argument, or are more likely to be correct as us noobs.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
twctopcat said:
Really, you know i didn't realise that, silly me, i took it literally. Just pointing out that doesn't necessarily mean you have more of a stance in an argument, or are more likely to be correct as us noobs.
Nope and nor should it. Quite a few people on this board should take that to heart. The only way you can be right all the time is if you have a strong enough arguement, and even then, you might not be right.

James

Cricket Web Owner
A good quote from the Forum Rules:

If you are a long standing member, act like one. Lead by example and assist other newer members rather then attacking them. We look upon our veteran members to use this opportunity to teach the newer members the appropriate way to use these message boards.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
James said:
A good quote from the Forum Rules:
Blimey, we have attracted some attention. The great Administrator himself!
If I've broken any of the rules I apologise, but AFAIK I've never attacked any newer members, in fact I try to avoid personal attacks wherever I'm thinking straight. I try to centre on the absurdity of the cricketing argument I'm trying to debunk.:saint:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Langeveldt said:
Odd that neither Marc nor Rich have responded to this thread :rolleyes:
But I had responded...
:O :O
I protest:
Richard said:
Maybe it's more of a thread for others to dispute us...
After all, none of the cricketers ever turn-up to give their part...
Still, if marc doesn't turn up to dispute stuff, how can I do any good, eh?:lol:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Armadillo said:
Well said rik that should shut him up about Manure
Hmmmmmmmm...at least I am not anywhere near as biased as you!!

Well, not when it comes to footie.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Not really that surprising is it?
I think it was more a comment in hope than expectation, anyway.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
The one that you might have shut halsey upabout Man U.
Yeah well, Non-Manky Manky Supporters tend to have interisting excuses for their glory hunting :)

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
As has been pointed-out, very few Mancunians of today are Man U supporters.
Quite a few, like me (and it seems halsey) are the grandchildren of ex-pat Mancunians of the less succesful era.
I supported Man U for the first time in 1991\92. And how glad I am that I did! And I supported them because my Dad supported them, because his Dad worked at Old Trafford (and died before I was born).
Dad lived in Lancashire for 20 years - and after living in the north-east for 6 years the traitor now supports Newcastle more!:!( :!(
I like to consider my fanship a tribute to Special Grandad, as he's known in our family.

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Richard said:
As has been pointed-out, very few Mancunians of today are Man U supporters.
Quite a few, like me (and it seems halsey) are the grandchildren of ex-pat Mancunians of the less succesful era.
I supported Man U for the first time in 1991\92. And how glad I am that I did! And I supported them because my Dad supported them, because his Dad worked at Old Trafford (and died before I was born).
Dad lived in Lancashire for 20 years - and after living in the north-east for 6 years the traitor now supports Newcastle more!:!( :!(
I like to consider my fanship a tribute to Special Grandad, as he's known in our family.
Many Mancunians support Manchester City, which is the true Mancunian football team since Man U are based in the outskirts. I allways was told you should support the team you lived nearest to when you grew up, so, when I started to notice football, and saying that I'm still not an amazingly huge fan, I supported the Shrews because they are my local side. Sod any glory hunting.

Status
Not open for further replies.