• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Marc/Richard dispute thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

twctopcat

International Regular
Neil Pickup said:
Not standing in the Guild Elections, then?
No chance, not opinionated enough, and not nearly annoying enough, if you've had the pleasure of being badgered by fliers as much as i have recently that is:P .

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Neil Pickup said:
I still can't believe anyone could claim to "hold on hoping" after two second places in a season.

Valid as your point is, that makes no different to the thronging masses of glory supporters swarming around in Man Utd shirts (and Arsenal, and Liverpool, especially during that "treble" season - never have I seen a team play so badly and win so much!)

Can Carlisle do the impossible again?
Sadly I doubt it, but no harm hoping.
I'm not denying there are thousands upon thousands of glory-seekers around The World (not just this country). Just saying I'm not one of them. And that's not just the old "holier than thou", it's the gospel truth. I have what I consider a valid reason for supporting MUFC, and if people don't believe me, that's their problem.

twctopcat

International Regular
I agree, if you meet a man utd fan, within 10 minutes you can work out whether there a true fan, or a glory hunter. However the entire footballing world don't like to give those people (myself included) the benefit of the doubt, hey-ho though, life goes on...

Craig

World Traveller
Neil Pickup said:
One day, Man Utd fans will realise what totally unsuccessful is. FA Cup Runners-Up (that was funny) and Second in the Prem (West Ham.. ouch) is NOT totally unsuccessful!

Look at Carlisle, or Northwich, or any of the sides that have lost League Status of late - or Wimbledon (biggest travesty in football history).
Carlise havent been relgated just yet ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.