• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mankading - Why is it not within the "Spirit of the Game"?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I quite like CB Frying.

Wondering if anyone is going to admit that they typed in "Dick Cricinfo" yet?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The umpires consulted Mathews, Sri Lanka's captain, and he nodded his assent in upholding the appeal. That meant the first instance of de Kocking in international cricket since Peter Kirsten's innings was ended by Kapil Dev in such a manner during an ODI between South Africa and India in 1992.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There's an easy solution to this at international level - abolish Mankadding but have the TV umpire call one short whenever the batsman tries to steal a march - added benefit is that it might stop some of these third umps nodding off

nexxus

U19 Debutant
Is it just me who thinks that Mankading is the least "highly controversial" controversial event in the game. Every time it happens, there's a huge furore that lasts days but actually most people seem to be fine with it.

I hardly see anyone defending Butler anywhere. He was warned twice, which is twice more than he deserved for me. And as for Ally "He was just a half a yard out." Cook, that so far out of the crease you almost wouldn't need the 3rd umpire if it was a stumping. It's not even close.

nexxus

U19 Debutant
There's an easy solution to this at international level - abolish Mankadding but have the TV umpire call one short whenever the batsman tries to steal a march - added benefit is that it might stop some of these third umps nodding off
Pfft, I say let's actually encourage it so batsmen don't try to steal ground. Personally, in a neutral match, I'd love to see a last ball all-out Mankadding with the non striker a metre out of his crease causing a tie.